What exactly IS a Ceriatone amp? I know it's a Marshall clone, but is it good, worth the price difference, etc.?

I've been wanting a Marshall DSL50 for future plans, but somebody has just recently told me i should just get a Ceriatone if money's tight (which it is for the most part).

So, should i get a ceriatone, and what is the closest model to the JCM2000?

(please take in mind, that i know nothing about these amps and have never heard of them until 2 hours ago)

Thanks
O O

___
so would the JCM800 be for me...

if so, what's the difference between the 2203 and 2204?
O O

___
it very much depends on what type of music you play.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i love the JCM2000 sound, but it's the only one i've tried out, but i've heard nothing but "the 800 is better than the 2000"... so...

i like mostly rock/punk/alternative.

(and btw... i send you a comment about that Epi in your sig)
O O

___
The JCM 800 is pretty much the "god of crunch" when it comes to amps. The only problem with them is the volume, unless you get a master volume one.

For your musical tastes, a jcm800 + a nice boost (tubescreamer, bad monkey, sd-1, maxon, what-have-you) would be just right.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
cool, and every one i saw on their sight had a master volume knob on it, so... i guess that solves that problem. Hey, a friend just gave me a Bad Monkey a few months back... he said it was a stupid cheap pedal...

just out of curiosity, what's the problem with the volume???
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

just out of curiosity, what's the problem with the volume???

Just that unless you got a master volume head, you'd have to put it at ~6 to get some powertube break up. Which would in turn render you deaf for the next few hours.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
there no problem with the volume, its just that you have to turn it up really really loud for it to get all distorted and chunky sounding haha. try to find one and give it a test drive if you can. if i were you i would look into something smaller, but im not sure if anything smaller has that same type of tone.
and i wish my friends gave me pedals haha
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by mogar
Just that unless you got a master volume head, you'd have to put it at ~6 to get some powertube break up. Which would in turn render you deaf for the next few hours.

well a master volume will in no way at all help him get power amp distortion. only preamp distortion. a master volume is between the preamp and poweramp.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
and i wish my friends gave me pedals haha

it actually went though a process like this...

my friend saw his friend with this pedal, and since he's never had a pedal, he was like "WOW", and so the other kid was just like "Here, take it, it's just some crappy cheap pedal", so then this kid never even used it, so i asked him to borrow it, because i know what it was worth, and really wanted it, and i said something to him about it one day after having it for a while, and he just said, "Just keep it, it's just some crap pedal my friend gave me "

Retards are awesome!!!!!
O O

___
haha thats awesome.
of course i pretty much gave one of my friends a tube amp, an epi guitar, and a wah pedal. haha, i guess im a retard too
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by TheBax
what kind of tube amp was it?

well he gave it back now, because he just bought himself a new amp. but it was a vintage fender bassman.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by A-5best
What exactly is the difference between the 2203 and 2204.

2203 = 100W
2204 = 50W

the 50 watt is already loud enough, no need for the 100W. heck, i wish they made these in 15-30W versions.
Quote by chea_man
well he gave it back now, because he just bought himself a new amp. but it was a vintage fender bassman.

Mind if I borrow it?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
cool... at least you got it back, haha.

Does anybody know what's the difference between a 2203 and a 2204?

EDIT: nevermind, sorry i was a little late...

i'm just getting the 50W then, i really don't see a need for anyone getting a 100W...
O O

___
Quote by thankyougermany

Mind if I borrow it?

haha, sure. c'mon on over and get it. its currently just a chassis though. poor thing has been through alot. and you have to be willing to bring it back to me whenever i need it. haha
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.