Page 1 of 2
Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. phenomonal bass lines on the whole album.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by minifridge
uh well i just played it. in its entirety! im that "good" and thanks for the suggestions that don't take 639 years

Sorry, I'm just a bit bored at the moment

Try the awesome musical journey that is Tool's Lateralus.

Or if you're feeling gutsy, Opeth's Ghost Reveries.
10000 days tool. amazing bass lines.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

My favourite albums to play all the way through are the three main Kyuss abums - Blues for the Red Sun, Sky Valley and ...and the Circus Leaves Town. I also love Sleep's Holy Mountain and Monster Magnet's Spine of God.

Looks like I only really play stoner albums all the way through. This probably reflects badly on me.
Last edited by smb at Jun 19, 2008,
i intend to start learning all of master of reality or vol. 4 by black sabbath. geezer bassines are very good, nothing too spectacular but fun to play and interesting
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
Much like Delirium, I'm gonna suggest any Tool album. Lateralus, 10 000 Days, Aenima. You might need to set yourself up with a couple of pedals though.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by funkbass369
Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. phenomonal bass lines on the whole album.

Dude im in the process of learning the album right now!!
Quote by smb
My favourite albums to play all the way through are the three main Kyuss abums - Blues for the Red Sun, Sky Valley and ...and the Circus Leaves Town. I also love Sleep's Holy Mountain and Monster Magnet's Spine of God.

Looks like I only really play stoner albums all the way through. This probably reflects badly on me.

I like to play QUOTSA's Songs for the Deaf with my own little fills here and there. Not quite the awesomeness of Kyuss but damn near close.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Meh, I don't really listen to QotSA any more. They're the best known band of a group of bands that are all a lot better.
Obvioiuswoman shall first state the obvious

Frizzle Fry - Primus

and now for something completely different:

Stand! - Sly and the Family Stone

Flyin' the Flannel - fIREHOSE
I tabbed out Blood Sugar Sex Magik by RHCP on bass. I still think its my favorite bass album.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Unquestionable Presence - Atheist. It has some of my favorite bass lines especially the title track.

Epitaph - Necrophagist
Colors - BTBAM
Ensiferum's self titled
Aurora Veil - Ne Obliviscaris great bass lines on this one.
Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater
Demigod - Behemoth
Practice What You Preach - Testament
Last edited by hippiebass at Jun 19, 2008,
I vote for Metallica's Ride the Lightning.....It's very fun to play
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by smb

great albums, great basslines, great bassplayer

a good recommendation would be deadwing album by porcupine tree
Dream Theater's Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory and Images and Words

Any album by Tool as previously stated.

Opeth's Blackwater Park

Coheed and Cambria's Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

Symphony X's Paradise Lost
Lenny Kravitz- It's Time for A Love Revolution.
not too hard, but not too boring.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's right, knock down those of us who are actually tone deaf through no fault of their own

HAH loozer. I bet you tune by EAR too

REAL bassist simply need to strum all the open strings with the bass unplugged, and use the vibration from the bass to tune!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, I use an electric tuner. I was born without an eardrum in my right ear and that wasn't fixed until WELL beyond the developmental stages pf hearing.

I did not know that.

(to drive this further off topic) how does that affect your playing?
Page 1 of 2