ok so ive noticed something...
and i cant really find an answer to my question
and i figured you guys would know the answers

my bridge is set up like this

and i've seen some people set their's like this

whats the diffrence??
is there a need to "wraparound"?
does the second one have any advantages over the first??
what are the pros and cons of each one?

am i doing something wrong? or is it just a personal prefrence?
thats called top-wrapping and i have that on my les paul
It increases sustain a bit, makes bending and vibrato easier, and i like the feel better.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
thats called top-wrapping and i have that on my les paul
It increases sustain a bit, makes bending and vibrato easier, and i like the feel better.

i heard that it makes you break string's less (less tenstion on the part where the bridge makes contact with the string)
but i would think it would lessen sustain?
well there are two points of view on this...some say it increases sustain cuz the strings have more contact with the body and some say it doesn't affect your sustain at all..
i find it makes my playing smoother and more comfortable
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Biggest thing is it cuts down on breaking strings. But it does seem to play nicer to. And no TS you dont need a special anything to do it. Just put the strings in the front of the stop piece and over the top then over the saddles. Just make sure your stop bar is screwed down all the way.
top wrapping allows you to lower your tailpiece studs sometimes all the way down, which some folks believe increases sustain. Proabbly does to some extent but there are so many other factors. Also will make the strings feel a little bit slinkier. In a perfect world, yeah you might not break strings as much is the problem was that you ahd your tailpiece lowered so much that the string were htiting the back edge of the bridge. With a cheap bridge though, they may end up breaking where the string does a 180 at the back of the tailpiece if there are sharp edges around the hole the strings are coming out of. They do make tailpieces designed specifically for top wrapping but since I never put much stock into the practice, I couldn't tell you who makes them as I didn't really look into it in depth.