JilaX^
348 IQ
So tonight while walking through the hallway I heard the soft splashing of rain. The clock was around 1.30 am, and I was thinking of going to bed soon. (I'm out of school, woo) But when I heard that rain splashing down I just had to go outside. The air was just si perfectly humid, and the temperature was just about right.

So in a spur of the moment I went inside. Grabbed an acoustic and sat down outside. Not in the rain of course, but on this terrace like entrace to our house. I ended up sitting there for almost 1 and a half hour just pouring my heart out singing and playing outside, in the middle of the night- I was feeling pretty down before this, so it was just what I needed. (I ended up getting a slide and messing around in DADGAD too, but I can't really plade with it =/) I just sat there, improvising songs, making up lyrics as I went, I played some spontaneous John Lee Hooker, all sorts of stuff. (Stormy Monday, of course )

So who else has done this? Just sat down outside and played some acoustic under the rain...

Share your experiences with this and just general awesome blues moments!
cashewchaching
Follower of Christ
1,055 IQ
That's pretty awesome. Music tan be very cathartic that way.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
hippieboy444
7,139 IQ
i do that alot. only its not at night. I usually do folk though
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Sometimes I like to sit under my deck (I have like a walk out with a deck above) and play blues. I just love the rain though, it used to rain here a bunch (about a week ago) but it was heavy, heavy rain. Next time it rains I'll be sure to do that though.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
bender424
211 IQ
the only thing i'm able to play , is some (very poor ) blues improvisation , so sometime I play blues under the sky at night ( with an unplugged epiphone SG ) ... I have no talent , but it's still so much fun . It's the only time I feel mindful , see what I mean ?
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
itsaplayonwords
Its a Play on Words
54 IQ
I usually walk in the rain and my mom yells at me because I will go out in thunderstorms and come home soaked. I have never played outside in rain but I will try, I have a screened in porch upstairs. Sweet.
psychokiller99
1,225 IQ
i tried something similar. my buddy's band was playing a show on an outdoor stage. the morning of the show, we went out there and i plugged in turned it up and just wailed for like a half hour. it was pretty cool.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I enjoy playing in the sun more.
It's really relaxing to go into my garden with my acoustic and play some Rev. Gary Davis and Blind Willie McTell.

But I remember the night I found out that my grandma had died early this year. We got home at like 11pm and I played slide in Open E right through to 2 in the morning, I stopped about twice. It's a strange thing to do, and in no way am I bragging, it's just a the most relieving thing I can do.
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
I prefer to play in the sunshine but I do like playing outside. Always go out and have a play when it's nice weather here, especially since we don't get it much. I can usually convince my girlfriend to play bass with me too which makes it even more fun.
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
I love playing outside. I've never done it in the rain, though, I'll have to try that sometime.

Jack my swag
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
I might go out and play in the sun right now, it's a super nice day.

My parents are out tonight, so I'll probably go smoke a bowl then play some acoustic out in sun.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
The night's the best time for some blues improv! I love sitting outside and playing, but I've never done it in the rain.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
2,486 IQ
You kids get in out of the rain. Geeez.
Nothing better than playing away a rainy day.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
JilaX^
348 IQ
Hmmm.

The next time it rains I think I'll do the same, except maybe I should just bring my Les Paul and wail...

But, I would really recommend this to anyone.

And Jackal, us crazy kids have nothing better to do

Quote by Thefallofman
The night's the best time for some blues improv! I love sitting outside and playing, but I've never done it in the rain.

You should definitely try it. I have no idea why I hadn't tried it before.
slidething31
375 IQ
I don't about sittin out in the rain, but the place I used to live had a little roof garden type thing with a view of the ocean. I loved to go up there at night and play some acoustic blues.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
j_hunter_hkr
aka Jamie
664 IQ
I often sit on my stairs and play endlessly. The acoustics in my hallway are amazing. It's just a nice thing to do.
JilaX^
348 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Never play the guit-fiddle outside in the rain, but I have blown some harp.

Oh man, I need to pick up a harp sometime. I really need to learn how to play one = / Just for those summer trips where you can't bring the old git-fiddle.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by itsaplayonwords
I have a screened in porch upstairs.

I have a screened-in porch that I have played on in the rain on several occasions.

Generally I just play spacey, abstract music just to enjoy myself.

The only thing that could better the experience would be if I had a hammock on my porch on which I could lie down and play.
HoneyFUZZ_123
UG's blues player
82 IQ
i really should try playin outside for once

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
mustaine34
blues man
211 IQ
Wow that's probably one of the coolest times to play the blues. I'm definitely gonna try that next time it's raining.
Currently in blues mode.