Pickups?
I feel like an utter noob asking this but untill now i have always played stock.
Is soldering involved and how much if so?
I don't know about soldering...but wiring the new pickups you want to put in is involved! You gotta know where to put the green one, red one...matching it and what not. Check out Google!
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Seriously, do just a LITTLE bit of research before you post a thread on it. just a little. that's all I ask.

Because I'm nice I'll answer your really stupid question anyway.

Yes, there's soldering involved. If you really know that little, it's best you have someone else do it. If you really want to do it yourself, you have a lot of research to do.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
I say you should go buy a book on guitar hardware/electronics. That way you can learn how to do it yourself without ****ing up too bad. And if you do **** it up, you know how to fix it. You'll prolly find one for $5 to $30.
Yep, but if you actually had to ask a forum if there is soldering involved in putting in pickups, then I doubt you have the resolve to buy a book, read it, and do it yourself.
either way, good luck.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
you don't need a book or any eletrical knowledge really. With a schematic its as simple as connect wire A to tab B... and thats it.

The thing you gotta worry about is the soldering. its not hard to learn, there are some tip videos on youtube. With a 15-25 watt soldering iron and some practice it'll probably cost the same as paying someone. Just because you had to buy all the supplies.

But one you've taught yourself a new skill... and two it'll save you more money in the future
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial