So I just got a Little Giant. I've been curious about them for awhile now and figured I've give it a shot since my practise amp has needed replacing for a few months. I love it, it sounds incredible. The only problem is that it's too loud. I really don't want to use a distortion pedal with it, I'd sooner just get a Cube if it comes to that, and I can't seem to squeeze much gain out of it at any reasonable volume even with an OD.

Anyway, I'm thinking of either returning the little giant and maybe trying the killer ant (comes out tomorrow, right?), or just going for a Cube 30 or 60. Or selling my JCM800 and just using the little giant instead since it seems to be loud enough, then getting a cube as a practise amp. Or I could just keep it and have something like 5 or 6 amps sitting around my house.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?
The killer ant comes out tommorow??

*hops in vehicle to drive out to local store and wait out all night in a tent in front of the store*

I'd keep the little giant, and get some tubes with earlier breakup.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
headphones?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
^Doesn't have a headphone jack.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the 3 watt setting gets less break up and doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the 5 watt setting.

i read somewhere that the kiler ant was coming out on july 20th? maybe june 20th? oh well. i did get jj's for it, but i haven't put them in yet. i was hoping there was a chance they'd have the opposite effect.
I always see the statement "it's loud for a 5 watter", but remember that's only half the volume of a 50 watt valve amp. That's freakin' loud. For realistic home volume breakup, you'd need something like a 0.25 watt amp.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by darkarbiter7
The killer ant comes out tommorow??

*hops in vehicle to drive out to local store and wait out all night in a tent in front of the store*

I'd keep the little giant, and get some tubes with earlier breakup.

^That's funny Dark. 'hops in vehicle part'

cutslikedrugs are you saying you don't want to put the JJs in because you won't be able to return it? i'm not that familiar with the Cube so my only suggestion is to keep it, put the JJ's in. Then if you decide to go with the Killer Ant or Cube later you can always sell your Little Giant and probably at close to purchase price, especially with JJs in it. It seem that these amps are becoming harder and harder to find but maybe that is just where i live.

also, for those that want the Killer Ant doesn't make sense to get on a waiting list or prepay? Maybe there will be a ton of them out there but something tells me not.

my 2 cents

Edit: Got my Little Killer Giant Ant BS mixed up there
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 20, 2008,
I got a Weber attenuator for my little Epiphone Valve Jr and LOVE IT! Ted Weber also made me a cable for headphones. Just plug into the Weber then your headphones....done...instant headphone jack. Ted only charged me $4 to make the cable as well. What a deal.

I ended up with the Mass Lite 50...

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/masslite.htm

It has two filters. One for lows-mids and another for mids-highs so you can adjust your tone as well. It brightens up my stock Epiphone Valve Jr.

Just a thought.

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by RCShadow
I got a Weber attenuator for my little Epiphone Valve Jr and LOVE IT! Ted Weber also made me a cable for headphones. Just plug into the Weber then your headphones....done...instant headphone jack. Ted only charged me $4 to make the cable as well. What a deal.

I ended up with the Mass Lite 50...

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/masslite.htm

It has two filters for lows-mids and another for mids-highs so you can adjust your tone as well. It brightens up my stock Epiphone Valve Jr.

Just a thought.

Chris

+1

Completely agree

Or you could get their headphone-jack model.
Quote by Kurapica
I always see the statement "it's loud for a 5 watter", but remember that's only half the volume of a 50 watt valve amp. That's freakin' loud. For realistic home volume breakup, you'd need something like a 0.25 watt amp.

Someone finally talks some sense about 5 watters. *Rejoices*
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by saltysnail
+1

Completely agree

Or you could get their headphone-jack model.

I ended up with the Mass Lite because I wanted a tone stack on the attenuated signal, not just the line-out. The Mass model has the tone stack on the line-out only.

There is a new model coming soon that has the "real" tone stack on the attenuated signal, but it is not released just yet. I really want this one and may yet end up with one when they come out. I think Ted is calling the new one the "Mass III". Ted said they are still testing.

Chris