Listening through Dream Theater and King Crimson albums gave me inspiration and I wrote this, added some keyboards for a melodic affect.

Pretty short, so it's not a listen of endurance like usual .
Attachments:
KCWorship.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Why can't anyone ever ****in post their songs as mp3s? Wat the ****? I'm too damn poor for MIDI or gp5. Ugh!
Thanks for sharing your highly intellectual opinion on my piece.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Metallist65
Why can't anyone ever ****in post their songs as mp3s? Wat the ****? I'm too damn poor for MIDI or gp5. Ugh!

You know...my song IS in mp3(cough cough check it out cough cough). But anyways too poor for midi...thats hard. You obviously have a soundcard so you deffinately are not too poor for midi(is that even possible?), just not smart enough to get it to work

And about the song. Right now my soundcard is either broken or came off or something so until I get it fixed or a new one I can't crit. But I will whenever I can.
Just listened to it, and it's pretty good. Slightly repetitive, though I don't think should should bother you all that much, because my kind of musical interest varies from yours. I like a lot of progressive and mathcore, like Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, **** like that, and they're always changing in their music so I'm just kind of adapted to it.

Anyways, I thought the part with just the organ playing dragged out a bit too long, I kind of lost interest by the time it got back to the acoustic. And at the end of the song, I think you should make that last note into a half note [instead of a quarter note], because at the end it just kind of breaks off the song, so I think letting the last note ring out longer would kind of bring a smoother conclusion to the song.

And that's my 2 cents.
Hey man.

Was directed here by your PM.

I really like your song, it actually has a late Opeth vibe to it, mixed with Dream Theater sound major melodies (at points).

The intro is creepy, the changing time signatures and the overall atonal feel of the start contributes to this.

I love the riff where the organ begins, but I feel the last chord, the one with the slide, sort of really takes the person out of the song. A better way to explain is that it breaks the mood of the riff and it breaks the immersive quality of that riff.

I love the organ break, it adds a much darker vibe to the overall piece.

I really like the song and it ends perfectly, will be looking forward to hearing any new pieces that you create.

If you would like, could you please look at the song I have posted. It's old and I wrote it when I was sixteen, but overall I think the song is fairly good.

The link is in my sig.