When ever I turn my tone nob down on my Jbass I always seem to pick up a radio station through my amp? Is there anyway to stop this from happening?
When that happens to me i usually just try and move the amp around. It usually works, sometimes it doesnt.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
move the amp, or shield the **** out of it!

I suggest move it, or if it is tube, get some less microphonic tubes
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Try shielding your electronics cavity. You would use copper or some other metal to do this. I think you can find copper tape at a DIY or home improvement store.

Edit:
Quote by ValoRhoads
move the amp, or shield the **** out of it!

I suggest move it, or if it is tube, get some less microphonic tubes

I think it's the bass. He said it only happens when the tone knob isn't on full which is when it's not bypassed. Is the tone pot grounded?
Last edited by hippiebass at Jun 19, 2008,
Find a lead plate and put it behind your amp. LOL!

Seriously tho, move your amp. Across the room should do.
haha thats funny a random radio station playing through the amp
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
now if I turn my treble up and tone all the way down I can hear it really well. seems to be some kind gospel staion

Edit: Moved my amp, it seems to have works thanks!
Quote by hippiebass
Try shielding your electronics cavity. You would use copper or some other metal to do this. I think you can find copper tape at a DIY or home improvement store.

Edit:
I think it's the bass. He said it only happens when the tone knob isn't on full which is when it's not bypassed. Is the tone pot grounded?

Its from the amp not the bass.
I'm pretty sure.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
haha the same thing has happened to me several times but at only one venue strangely enough. I just turned the amp on standby for a little while and when I turned it back on there was no radio. Our sound guy might have done something but I dont know. For what its worth, I was using an ampeg v4bh and at the time a lakland darryl jones. It was by far one of the funniest things thats ever happened to me during a sound check.
Quote by Ryker24
now if I turn my treble up and tone all the way down I can hear it really well. seems to be some kind gospel staion

this is God telling you to stop sinning. keep going, just to piss him off.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
that happens to me, and is amplified further when using a big muff
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...