Does anyone else like this band?

If you havent heard them, check this song out, its pretty good. Lyrics are intense. (The singer looks weird, but keep watching.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzNZDXfm0Q
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Quote by blink18244
Does anyone else like this band?

If you havent heard them, check this song out, its pretty good. Lyrics are intense. (The singer looks weird, but keep watching.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzNZDXfm0Q
TS, none of this is aimed at you, so please don't take offense.

This is what I was afraid of when Against Me signed to a major label. They're played on the radio and wind up being grouped in modern rock. With the amount that I used to love this band, it shames me that they are being grouped with bands like Nickelback, Hinder, and others. They used to mean something to me. I was one of three people at school that had heard of them, but now everyone does. I heard a preppy guy say "Yo bro, there's this new band called Against Me. They're good." People like that don't get it. They won't understand what the band is about. I understand the thing about getting their message out there, but it's hard when the people you're singing to do care.

I liked New Wave, but it was very watered down.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Against Me! is amazing.
They are good to cover if you are just starting a band. Easy playing for everyone if you play their older stuff. Rock on, dude.
Shawn George Noel
Quote by element4433

This is what I was afraid of when Against Me signed to a major label. They're played on the radio and wind up being grouped in modern rock. With the amount that I used to love this band, it shames me that they are being grouped with bands like Nickelback, Hinder, and others. They used to mean something to me. I was one of three people at school that had heard of them, but now everyone does. I heard a preppy guy say "Yo bro, there's this new band called Against Me. They're good." People like that don't get it. They won't understand what the band is about. I understand the thing about getting their message out there, but it's hard when the people you're singing to do care.

Yea, i see what your point is. Thrash Unreal just turned me on to that band, and i really know only one other person who has even heard of them
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Quote by blink18244
Yea, i see what your point is. Thrash Unreal just turned me on to that band, and i really know only one other person who has even heard of them
That's cool. Everyone has a band that turns them onto underground music. Green Day was mine, maybe Against Me will be yours.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Well put.

I like their new album but it does not match the passion and intensity of their early EPs and RAR (and I doubt anything else they release ever will).
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by element4433
That's cool. Everyone has a band that turns them onto underground music. Green Day was mine, maybe Against Me will be yours.

That's what I'm actually hoping for with Against Me! It's that "watering down" that will bridge the gap between the mainstream and the "underground". Who knows, maybe the radio rock kids will put down their Three Days Grace records and go from there and listen to Reinventing Axel Rose and get into that stuff and before you'll know it that same kid will be listening to Jawbreaker and Latterman and Planes Mistaken for Stars and all that good stuff.
It was really weird hearing Thrash Unreal and Stop on the radio....never expected that. Anyways the only time I saw them live was before the Foo Fighters in March...they kicked ass.
You will get more of a reaction from the punk forum.

I definitely agree with the post above about it being lumped in modern rock.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
noooo ive never heard of Against me!

lol, no ive seen them live before they

SOLD OUT

anyway they were good , I like the old stuff, the new stuff doesn't even sound like Against me!

and searching for a former clarity is my favorite album

anyway go to the punk forum
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90