Great band, suffer and the witness is one of the best albums in a while personally. The good left undone, Drones, ready to fall, Prayer of the refugee, great songs. What do you guys think
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
*insert my post from the Against Me thread you just made. Replace Against Me with Rise Against*

Rise Against is the first band that wasn't in the mainstream. Sufferer and Witness was horrible and made me cry. Revolutions Per Minute is their best, followed by Siren Songs of the Counter Culture.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Rise Against is the first band that wasn't in the mainstream. Sufferer and Witness was horrible and made me cry. Revolutions Per Minute is their best, followed by Siren Songs of the Counter Culture.

This man knows what he is talking about, Rev Per Min was their best.
Shawn George Noel
Quote by element4433
*insert my post from the Against Me thread you just made. Replace Against Me with Rise Against*

No offense, but do you do this **** with any band you liked? Get used to certain bands goin mainstream, man. It's how it works most of the time. And get a ****in life!
Quote by Metallist65
No offense, but do you do this **** with any band you liked? Get used to certain bands goin mainstream, man. It's how it works most of the time. And get a ****in life!

this is what you do at 2 30
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
State of The Union from the Siren Songs Of The Counter Culture CD makes me wanna destroy stuff...
Quote by Metallist65
That's not true. I listen to lot's of bands that could have been huge bands but chose to play basement shows to 50 kids. The main problem most of us music fans with a band going mainstream is the change in sound.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They are o.k. I saw them at bonnaroo, and got a pick, they've got a good message but meh songs.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I like their music, they did write a couple of really nice acoustic songs. I'd say Tim Mcllrath's voice would be my favourite that i can think of at the moment.

Although, i have to disagree. I thought the sufferer and the witness was their best so far but i can see how their sound has slightly changed.
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
There's a big Rise Against thread in the Punk and Ska forum.
Cuz they are a punk band. No matter how much anyone would like to argue about it.

And i do love Rise Against. Saw them last year when they were in Dublin.
It was my favorite band for 2 years before NIN took over the top spot.
And yeah, my old avatar was a rise against one. Now its Trent Reznor.
Quote by element4433
That's not true. I listen to lot's of bands that could have been huge bands but chose to play basement shows to 50 kids. The main problem most of us music fans with a band going mainstream is the change in sound.

I see what your sayin man and agree to a point, it's not always bad tho, the main thing is the money put into production that makes it sound cleaner which means d sound changes/and rec companies wantin a single, ect ect, I prefer d raw cuts, or early cd's of most bands because of the rawness/under production of em...I ave to say that not all bands that go mainstream change, most noticible for me is thrice-they stuck with d sound 4 taita then with vhuissiu(sp) completly threw everyone even d record company, Was awesome, its great wen a band changes there because they trully wanna do something for themselves, not d record company
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com