I posted this in the modding section, but no ones ever in there, so im gonna re-post it in here. Close it if you wish.

I'm planning on putting in all new hardware and electronics on my old Squier Strat I found in the attic. I got pretty much everything figured out except for the type of pickups i should put in. I'll be keeping it tuned half-step down. I got a crap Crate 65 watt, but i got a Boss GT-8, the amp doesn't sound to crappy when I run got my guitar thru the Boss. I want single coils, gonna be playing a lot of experimental type stuff, a lot of feedback, etc. Going for a Mudhoney, Meat Puppets, Screaming Trees type of sound, if that helps. Any suggestion? Thanks
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Try a Seymour Duncan Hotrail or Hotstack in the bridge.

The JB jr for the Middle

and the Little '59 for the neck.

Or Lace sensors
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Try a Seymour Duncan Hotrail or Hotstack in the bridge.

The JB jr for the Middle

and the Little '59 for the neck.

what he said.
Oh yes, forgot to say that I don't want any stacked single-coils, or anything that sounds like a humbucker. I saw these , and these Dimarzios. They have good reviews. I just want to hear them. I could get them in Mint Green....which is very uncommon lol. Thanks for the suggestions. Any pick-ups that anyone has ever actually played though?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
I posted this in the modding section, but no ones ever in there, so im gonna re-post it in here. Close it if you wish.

I'm planning on putting in all new hardware and electronics on my old Squier Strat I found in the attic. I got pretty much everything figured out except for the type of pickups i should put in. I'll be keeping it tuned half-step down. I got a crap Crate 65 watt, but i got a Boss GT-8, the amp doesn't sound to crappy when I run got my guitar thru the Boss. I want single coils, gonna be playing a lot of experimental type stuff, a lot of feedback, etc. Going for a Mudhoney, Meat Puppets, Screaming Trees type of sound, if that helps. Any suggestion? Thanks

Not going to make a difference. Your amp is not a good amp, and you're running through a modeler.
New pickups are not going to make a significant difference.
if you go for fender noiseless, get the 'hot' ones, worth the extra cash.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not going to make a difference. Your amp is not a good amp, and you're running through a modeler.
New pickups are not going to make a significant difference.

If you heard squier pickups, you would want them changed too. They sound like a toy.
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
If you heard squier pickups, you would want them changed too. They sound like a toy.

That's all down to your amp and GT8.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by forsaknazrael
Indeed. Squires can sound decent through a good amp. Certainly not like a toy.

Pickups aren't the reason you don't like your tone here. They're not that big a factor, especially if you're using a GT8.

+1

You need to learn to get the best out of the GT8 and also get a better amp.

I saw a guy gigging with a Peavey Classic 50, Line 6 Floor Pod and Squier Strat on Wednesday and he sounded great.

The whole point of things like the GT8 is they can make a "crap" guitar sound a lot better then it should...you just need to learn to use it properly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So,s say I get a tube amp. Running a GT8 thru that won't totally rob the amp of its tone?
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
So,s say I get a tube amp. Running a GT8 thru that won't totally rob the amp of its tone?

Not if you use it sensibly - just use it for effects and distortion but forego the amp modelling.

If you can't live without the amp models then do what John said and bypass the preamp, although that's a bit of a waste IMO.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com