amd123
Banned
2,125 IQ
Can someone recommend some bands similar to those listed in the title
and please no mega obvious ones like Metallica or Dream Theater
I'm into melodic instrumentals, heavy drumming, solos, prog, fast metal
dk2
155 IQ
Between The Buried and Me, for the prog, melodic instruments, solos, metal and the drumming. Not really that similar to the bands you listed but they did a cover of Us and Them if that counts.
Doodleface
UG Monkey
1,651 IQ
Vanden Plas
Between the Buried and Me
Protest the Hero
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
drag_the_waters
834 IQ
Well, you say you like Tool. You might like A Perfect Circle. They're a different style from Tool but they've got the same singer. I'd suggest the songs Blue, Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm of The War Drums, The Hollow, Judith, and 3 Libras. For a band similar to Alice in Chains, i'd have to go with Godsmack.
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
979 IQ
Go to the recommendations thread in the Modern Rock forum. You'll get some very helpful answers there, judging by the bands you listed.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
soundgarden19
851 IQ
You could try Clutch.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Quote by drag_the_waters
Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm of The War Drums
that is a horrible song. they ****ing raped one of their best tracks to make that. i love Pet, i detest Counting Bodies Like Sheep....

and threadstarter, listen to Three
drag_the_waters
834 IQ
Quote by Alucard II
that is a horrible song. they ****ing raped one of their best tracks to make that. i love Pet, i detest Counting Bodies Like Sheep....

and threadstarter, listen to Three

It may be horrible.... to you. That doesn't mean it's a horrible song. Pet is great as well. Counting Bodies is just different, I like it better than Pet.
And now you're probably going to say that i'm an idiot and have no taste in music but that's just because you're probably a prick. You know, it isn't a crime to like different music than other people.
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
Thrice.

/thread

Thrice=Pink Floyd 2008. Buy Vheissu and bask in the glory.
Hey, I'm Mike.
carrotcake
You!
3,046 IQ
I agree with everybody who mentioned Between the Buried and Me.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Quote by drag_the_waters
It may be horrible.... to you. That doesn't mean it's a horrible song. Pet is great as well. Counting Bodies is just different, I like it better than Pet.
And now you're probably going to say that i'm an idiot and have no taste in music but that's just because you're probably a prick. You know, it isn't a crime to like different music than other people.
a) i never claimed that what i said was anything other than my own opinion
b) of course you're welcome to your own opinion - i'm not so egotistical that i have to label anyone with with different taste than mine as an idiot, or tell them they're wrong - its down to personal taste after all
c) you're an idiot and have no taste in music. also, you're evidently quite presumptuous.

that said, i detest that song with a vengeance
drag_the_waters
834 IQ
Quote by Alucard II
a) i never claimed that what i said was anything other than my own opinion
b) of course you're welcome to your own opinion - i'm not so egotistical that i have to label anyone with with different taste than mine as an idiot, or tell them they're wrong - its down to personal taste after all
c) you're an idiot and have no taste in music. also, you're evidently quite presumptuous.

that said, i detest that song with a vengeance

Umm, doesn't C completely contradict both A and B?
Unless you were trying to be sarcastic, or make a point. And I had a right to be presumptuous because the way you put it made it sound as if you were attempting to state that it was a fact that that song is horrible. That is not an opinion. An opinion would've been, "I for one don't like that song." You may have directed TS away from giving the song a chance, and forming his own opinion based upon listening to it for himself, by saying it the way you did. Now I don't care if he hates, he likes it, or if you hate it, it just sounded like a song he may enjoy based upon the bands/styles he listed.
And i apologize for misjudging you and thinking you were egotistical. I just thought you were one of the many people on these forums that would make a statement such as the one you did, and mean it the way I took it.
hb15577
Easy like sunday
287 IQ
liquid tension experiment maybe rush, not that heavy though but progressive and it has solos
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Quote by drag_the_waters
Umm, doesn't C completely contradict both A and B?
Unless you were trying to be sarcastic, or make a point. And I had a right to be presumptuous because the way you put it made it sound as if you were attempting to state that it was a fact that that song is horrible. That is not an opinion. An opinion would've been, "I for one don't like that song." You may have directed TS away from giving the song a chance, and forming his own opinion based upon listening to it for himself, by saying it the way you did. Now I don't care if he hates, he likes it, or if you hate it, it just sounded like a song he may enjoy based upon the bands/styles he listed.
And i apologize for misjudging you and thinking you were egotistical. I just thought you were one of the many people on these forums that would make a statement such as the one you did, and mean it the way I took it.
to be fair, i dont really blame you, knowing what *some* people are like on here. anywho, i second my own recommendation - 3 are great. ive been listening to the new album all week