Well I've got 200 bucks on me right now and I want to buy a new amp, one thats way better than my piece of crap $50 Crate.....But I don't feel like saving up for a higher end amp. I don't really need a loud amp as it will mostly be used for practice, but I'd like it to be 30 watts or more. Are there any good 30 watt amps for $200 or less?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
fender champion 600. its not 30 watts but it is an excellent amp!
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

I'd save up a bit more and get a Vox Valvetronix, they're $279.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I used an Ibanez Toneblaster 25 Watt that was about $130 new. The cleans and reverb served me well. As far as distortion went, on my profile is my version of the Godfather Theme. That's the best I could get out of it, so you decide for yourself if that's what you dig.
Why don't you keep saving for that Valveking, though? That'd be perfect for gigging and practicing, I would think.
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Quote by FloyDZeD

That Vox looks pretty sweet......and right in my price range. I'll think about that one.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
vox ad30vt is pretty nice man. i had one. i liked it a whole lot and am regretting selling it.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by Vasser
That Vox looks pretty sweet......and right in my price range. I'll think about that one.

my friend has one, very nice amps, but horrible for high gain stuff (atleast i can't make it sound good)

if you want some heavier oriented amps, any Roland Cube will do
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-20X-Amp-With-COSM?sku=487031
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by FloyDZeD

Yeah I would go either with the Valvetronix or... and dare I say it... You should look at a Line 6 Spider... <puts on flame suit> I know, but i bought one and I am very pleased with it, it was within my budget range and it does the job...

Edit- Also look at a Roland Cube, you can probably get a used Cube 30 for less than 200 on eBay... a new one runs about 200

Anyway good luck
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi

sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!!sLIPKNOT RULE!!!!! - BITCH!
Im not sorry that i cant be like the rest of you.....
Lol with 3 percussionists and 2 guitars, and two bassists, a keyboard player and a singer, I would've thought they would be able to make good music....

But more on topic, My vote goes to the Vox. If you're gonna jam with ur buddies, think of saving more and getting the AD30VT.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I'd look at a used Flextone or used Duoverb from Line 6.

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck, and have a gigable amp also.
Last edited by mr.rs at Jun 20, 2008,
wat type of music you play. if clean and bluesy then go for the vox hands down. but if is metal and stuff then get a roland cube 30 or the line 6 spider.
Well about the heaviest stuff we play in our band is just heavy alt. rock, so I think I'll be fine with the Vox. We don't play anything that could be considered metal.
Quote by stevenpollock
Epiphone valve junior combo.
Don't be fooled by the 5W power, it's all class A tube!
About as loud as a 35W solid state, WAY better tone.
Perfect for you.
$150
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!