Don't you just hate rejection? I sure as hell do. I just got the worst rejection of my life thus far today. And it wasn't even from a girl. I play club soccer, or football for you brits. and today i go on the website to see the postings for the tryouts, to find that i am cut. After being with this club for some 6 years, they cut me. So i call up my coach, thinking this must be some sort of mistake. He goes on to tell me that basically the majority of the games we lost were my fault.( I play goal). He also said that my team was losing more games because they were losing confidence in me. I will say that i did have to bad games, but others where i kept us in it, or won it for us. He said that he took a new kid, who was very good, however i believe i am still better than, also, my backup. Yes. He took my backup because he never really got a chance to prove himself because he got injured. So in all, today was a day of heartbreak.

Now that thats out of the way, lets discuss how rejection is a bitch, and what you guys have dealt with.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, I'm perfect, so rejection has always eluded me.

That about sums it up.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
There's two instances:
1. My father rejected my mother, my brother, and I. I still deal with depression over this thing. Don't know if I'll ever get over it.

2. This one girl that said so much crap to me about loving me and stuff went out and kissed some dude at a party. At the time, I was pretty pissed, but now I found a much better girl and I'm happy.

The former being the worse, as I have dealt with it since I can remember, the latter happened in February.
Dude i know what you mean with the goalkeeping. I'm a goalkeeper, and I make the team but don't start because I don't dive every flipping chance i get. Everytime i've been beaten out, the kid makes it so dramatic and he gets scored on I hate it, but I put up with it...
I think that's kinda low that he didn't even keep you but sit you on the bench to try to earn your way back into the starting role.

And for rejection, I just eliminate the fear of rejection and in turn, I eliminate the bad feeling of rejection.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
That happened at my school. I tried out for basketball, but our coaches only put the football players on the team, so I never got a fair chance. Although that sounds harsh. Sorry man.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, I'm perfect, so rejection has always eluded me.

I ****in hate you, bastard.

On topic, yeah, rejection sucks. But it's a part of life. So, you gotta learn not to let it put you down. Rise up and show em why they made a mistake.
And now Im basically screwed. It wouldve been nice to at least know that there was a possibility of me being cut so i could try out for other teams. Now most tryouts are over and ill be hardpressed to find a decent team to play on next season.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by Demonology
I was rejected the second I entered life...

/thread ending emo post

Shut the **** up, emo kid.
I've had something worst then rejection

There was this one "popular" girl that i liked asked her out and she said yes...but then it turns our she only went out with me because she felt sorry. That was probably the worst feeling ever and since then i tend to not have the urge to ask anyone out cause i don't even know if they like me or they are just pitying me.
dude same **** happened to me...i train for varsity keeper since 7th grade and since the other guy is a year older than me he always played above me except in a few games but when he graduated i was like "yeah finally my shot" and then the coach pulls some kid off his baseball team to play cause he thinks he's got better reflexes. every single person on the team made fun of this kid and he quit twice during the first week cause people threw **** at his car or kicked balls at him when he wasnt looking. he also skipped tryouts cause he was in florida when i saw him at the mall.

here's how i handeled it....showed up to one team held practice and showed him up, got the team to bitch at the coach, nothing happened and they went 3-15 that season, and his girlfriend cheated on him with me. safe to say i owned him.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by Metallist65
Shut the **** up, emo kid.

I'm not really emo, **** MOLE.
Yeah, rejection certainly sucks. I never get invited to hang out, or go to parties at all. But when I hang out with friends at school were all cool. It seems like people just ignore me all the time. I don't get it. I'm not a very strong social person, and I'm scared to ask girls out, for fear of rejection. I hate it... but at least I have music, and that's what makes me happy.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by manic
Don't you just hate rejection? I sure as hell do. I just got the worst rejection of my life thus far today. And it wasn't even from a girl. I play club soccer, or football for you brits. and today i go on the website to see the postings for the tryouts, to find that i am cut. After being with this club for some 6 years, they cut me. So i call up my coach, thinking this must be some sort of mistake. He goes on to tell me that basically the majority of the games we lost were my fault.( I play goal). He also said that my team was losing more games because they were losing confidence in me. I will say that i did have to bad games, but others where i kept us in it, or won it for us. He said that he took a new kid, who was very good, however i believe i am still better than, also, my backup. Yes. He took my backup because he never really got a chance to prove himself because he got injured. So in all, today was a day of heartbreak.

Now that thats out of the way, lets discuss how rejection is a bitch, and what you guys have dealt with.

Hey, I play goal on a club team too, nice

But yeah, rejection sucks, and every athlete gets their fair share of it. Just train like crazy, join a new club, and kick your old teams asses. For added satisfaction, go shake your old coaches hand after the game and make some sort of snide remark.

The most important thing is to not let it get to you though, remember that you must be good if you are a club level player.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
That's why you never play defense in sports. Seriously, if you win nobody says much to you and if you lose it's because it was all your fault.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by TheDoors71
I've had something worst then rejection

There was this one "popular" girl that i liked asked her out and she said yes...but then it turns our she only went out with me because she felt sorry. That was probably the worst feeling ever and since then i tend to not have the urge to ask anyone out cause i don't even know if they like me or they are just pitying me.

Aww, I can't relate, but I have always had second thoughts about relationships for the same exact reasons.

*hugs*

I have only gotten rejection when asking for a second chance

I'm pretty much amazing at everything though, so it doesn't happen much
Join the other team?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by E Daws
That's why you never play defense in sports. Seriously, if you win nobody says much to you and if you lose it's because it was all your fault.

+1. That's why I play golf.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by E Daws

Nah, with keeper its different, sure we get most of the blame for losses, but we get praised the hell out of when we have good games.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Yeah, rejection certainly sucks. I never get invited to hang out, or go to parties at all. But when I hang out with friends at school were all cool. It seems like people just ignore me all the time. I don't get it. I'm not a very strong social person, and I'm scared to ask girls out, for fear of rejection. I hate it... but at least I have music, and that's what makes me happy.

Sorry for double post (if it still is), but I have those same ****ing problems with my current location. Kinda good o know I'm not the only one with these problems.
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
Sorry for double post (if it still is), but I have those same ****ing problems with my current location. Kinda good o know I'm not the only one with these problems.

same here.

Quote by Mr. Awesome.

Same here! Im always afraid that im being to "forward" with a girl.
But yea, club season is over now, so im gonna train like hell for high school and win the starting spot. Then hopefully ill get on a good team. And thanks for the serious answers guys.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Same situation here... I had something happen when asking a girl out for the first time that made me never want to ask someone out again. It was a LOT worse than her just saying no.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

i can relate to half of that

its just a bitch that all of my friends live out of town
Quote by deckerbastard69

its just a bitch that all of my friends live out of town

I moved from Michigan to Washington. I was pretty popular, and had lots of friends in Michigan. I had a good social life at the first school I went to here in Washington, but I got sick of the people cause it was so small. So I transferred, and I'm still having trouble making real friends after 4 years. I'm glad this will be my last year.

Quote by Demonology
Same situation here... I had something happen when asking a girl out for the first time that made me never want to ask someone out again. It was a LOT worse than her just saying no.

u got me wonderin
wut she do?
Quote by deckerbastard69
u got me wonderin
wut she do?

You don't need to know. But I'll assure you she did not chop off my penis or testicles.
Maybe you should be a better goalie?

Just kidding

I've been rejected by a couple girls, but I was expecting most of them.
Within a period of three days, I got rejected from three colleges that I really wanted to go to, as well as a girl that I had been interested in for months.

Talk to me about rejection
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Within a period of three days, I got rejected from three colleges that I really wanted to go to, as well as a girl that I had been interested in for months.

Talk to me about rejection

Kay...

How can I fix rejections when playing Basketball?
rejection huh? well i tried out for my school's basket ball team in 10th grade... i was picked last for every scrim (even some fat kids got picked before me), and cut the first day.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by Demonology
Kay...

How can I fix rejections when playing Basketball?

Don't try to shoot over people too much taller than you, if you have to, pump fake first. They'll go flying and you'll have a free shot. I know this, because I have been faked out way too many times. Being block-happy isnt a good habit in basketball, unless you're 6' 6"+
Hmm not the same but its sports related. I play a few sports; Football, Rugby, Baseball, Lacrosse and i have never been declined a possition on the team but i have had my possition changed on me.

In Rugby I used to be inside center i got switched last year for my friend whom is more intimidating looking but not much stronger and much slower then me. I then was bumped to fullback which i have never played and now I get the blame for any bad play my friend makes at inside center because I didn't train him....
Quote by Thales
There's two instances:
1. My father rejected my mother, my brother, and I. I still deal with depression over this thing. Don't know if I'll ever get over it.

2. This one girl that said so much crap to me about loving me and stuff went out and kissed some dude at a party. At the time, I was pretty pissed, but now I found a much better girl and I'm happy.

The former being the worse, as I have dealt with it since I can remember, the latter happened in February.

TRO, NUGGA. Same exact thing. Except I didn't find another girl, because being single is better.

Plus, all the girls around here are ugly and un-interesting, anyway.
I've never been rejected. I'm smart enough to wait for them to ask. I've rejected a few girls though, but they shouldn't have asked in the first place.

On a more happier note, I just got offered an apprentiship and a fulltime job. I came 1st overall for the club moto-cross season and my girlfriends putting out ALOT. Lifes going great.