check this out i came up with it myself and will prove alot of Alien sceptics wrong

i came up with this by myself and athink its pretty fool proof so check it out and if there r any problems feel free to tell me but i think i got it

i have an equation that i think proves life exists and here it is as folows....
okay lets say the chances of life are 1,000,000,000,000 (1 trillion) to one. well how much space is there in the univers hmm......... around infinity? yes infinite space. so now we set this up as an equation. (x= actual planets with life)

------- = -----------------
infinite 1,000,000,000,000

now cross multiply

1,000,000,000,000x = infiniy
(kus anything times 1 equals itself)

so devide infinety by 1 trillion and x is a huge number meaning that there is undisputebly, life outside of earth

*bows*

and yes i came up with this myself

keep in mind this doesnt relate to inteligent or primitav life but just life in general
Quote by smb
The universe isn't infinite, and you don't know exactly how unlikely alien life is.

what he said
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by smb
The universe isn't infinite, and you don't know exactly how unlikely alien life is.

It's constantly expanding, so in a sense it is.
Quote by smb

Yup.

TS, sorry, but you've failed.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by smb

show me where the universe ends and ill believe u but u have no proof on the size of the universe

yes i dont know how likely alien life is but if u know i would be happy change my equation
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
It's constantly expanding, so in a sense it is.
No it isn't. In no sense is the universe infinite.
Quote by Baldorr
show me where the universe ends and ill believe u but u have no proof on the size of the universe
The universe ends at the point light from the big bang has reached.
okay then smart asses how big is the universe and ill happily edit my euqation
Quote by Baldorr

yes i dont know how likely alien life is but if u know i would be happy change my equation

It doesn't matter how big the universe is, but how many heavenly masses there are in it that have the right circumstances to sustain life.
Quote by Baldorr

show proof that the universe is infinite
Here you go.

Aluminum foil + two frisbees glued together = UFO/cell phone interference.

Debunk that!!!
Quote by Baldorr
okay then smart asses how big is the universe and ill happily edit my euqation
It's roughly 100 billion lightyears in diameter.
Quote by smb
No it isn't. In no sense is the universe infinite.The universe ends at the point light from the big bang has reached.

I'm meaning it never has a constant point, and is going to be expanding forever.
Quote by smb
No it isn't. In no sense is the universe infinite.The universe ends at the point light from the big bang has reached.

good point
do u know how long its been since the big bang? (seriously if u know tel me kuz then i kan make the equation more accurate)
Fail. Hard. Hard. Fail.

I felt that fail way over here.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
You guys, I think he might be on to something!*

*Disclaimer: No I don't.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Your profile says you are 9, and though I don't believe you are that young, I do believe you have a very basic understanding of probability and physics, at most. The universe is not infinite, there is unknown the probability of life existing, there are so many factors affecting the possibility. There already is an equation (Drake mentioned above) but as far as I understand the outcome of that has a lot to do with how optimistic the person choosing the values is at believing life exists.
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
It doesn't matter how big the universe is, but how many heavenly masses there are in it that have the right circumstances to sustain life.

This.

Even though I do believe that there is extraterrestrial life somewhere in the universe, the above statement is the truth.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
that wat i get for posting this in the pit

i still think there is sumthing there

well...at least i got a coule lul'z out of the pit if not any scientific debate or intelligent conversation....
Quote by Baldorr

well...at least i got a coule lul'z out of the pit if not any scientific debate or intelligent conversation....

Dude, the **** is up with your spelling? I think he might be nine and I can prove it with this simple equation!

His life has lasted 9 years so that means it's infinate....
Quote by tyronelab
Your profile says you are 9, and though I don't believe you are that young, I do believe you have a very basic understanding of probability and physics, at most. The universe is not infinite, there is unknown the probability of life existing, there are so many factors affecting the possibility. There already is an equation (Drake mentioned above) but as far as I understand the outcome of that has a lot to do with how optimistic the person choosing the values is at believing life exists.

lol it says im 9!?!?! wtf?
Quote by Baldorr

Well some of us here are physics majors. On the other hand, there's you.
i cant help but feel like this is a bad joke
Quote by Aussieloco
Dude, the **** is up with your spelling? I think he might be nine and I can prove it with this simple equation!

His life has lasted 9 years so that means it's infinate....

im 13
**** i made myself a total asshole in about wat 10mins?
im srry i started this thread plz forgive me
Quote by RawrSlinky
Well you proved aliens exist. Good job.

whoot someone believes me
me - 1
pit - more than 1
In a galaxy extremely far away......

Alien 1:"I'm telling you all there's aliens out there somewhere,there has to be."

Alien 2:"Yeah,right."

Alien 3:"This again?Lemme guess,they also have internet.ahahahaha.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Unless someone travels to the end of the universe he can't know where/if it ends.
Scientists have made thousands of theories based on math and most of them failed simply because the don't exactly know what's going on..

They say a meteor made the dinosaurs vanish and people take that for granted... Where they there to see it ? No ! it's a theory.

Space isn't infinite, have they discovered it's end ? NO !

Does extra terrestrial life exist ? Yes ! They found it on Europe (not the continent) with tools and have examined them on their lab..

That's the difference between theories and facts... You can argue about aliens and that the universe is/isn't infinite but you'll never prove it.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Unless someone travels to the end of the universe he can't know where/if it ends.
Scientists have made thousands of theories based on math and most of them failed simply because the don't exactly know what's going on..

They say a meteor made the dinosaurs vanish and people take that for granted... Where they there to see it ? No ! it's a theory.

Space isn't infinite, have they discovered it's end ? NO !

Does extra terrestrial life exist ? Yes ! They found it on Europe (not the continent) with tools and have examined them on their lab..

That's the difference between theories and facts... You can argue about aliens and that the universe is/isn't infinite but you'll never prove it.

wow..........good point
that made me feel better about my epic fail
Wow, Necrolust's post is rivalling the threadstarter for being the biggest load of crap I've read today.
TS, don't worry about it. Atleast you shared your opinion instead of jumping on the "Everything's fake" bandwagon.
Quote by Mr. Awesome.

Thats sound logic.

Since you cant prove the impossible, I cant be wrong...

Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."