i like stuff like acdc, led zeppelin, journey, metallica, queen, deep purple, aerosmith, def leppard, stuff like canon rock, van halen, black sabbath, the police, kiss, iron maden, the scorpions, the rolling stones, nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains, the who, boston, blue oyster cult, the doors, foo fighters

ps. the most i like is hard rock and classic rock and

i might jam and gig
Last edited by alexcp94 at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by Johnbryant
Also the Peavey Classic 30 would be a soild choice.

isnt the peavy classic 30 a more blues amp?
Quote by alexcp94
isnt the peavy classic 30 a more blues amp?

Meh, not really. More of a classic rock amp. But then again, classic rock and blues tones are similar. It has enough gain to get AC/DC and Black Sabbath on it's own. You're not playing anything super heavy anyway. (from what you listed).
The traynor and valveking are both solid choices. I've got a demo of teh valveking in my profile if your interested, otherwise do some research before investing in anything. Youtube and the like have some great videos of both amps.
Though it's a good modeling solid-state amp, at this budget, you can afford better like the Traynor or Peavey.
Quote by Iceman 420
Though it's a good modeling solid-state amp, at this budget, you can afford better like the Traynor or Peavey.

mmm wich one should i get the traynor or the peavey? wich one you recommend the most?
Frankly, I think the Traynor would work well for Metallica more than the Classic, but YOU should go out and try them out and as any other amps in your price-range (and maybe a few above).
i vote traynor, preferably the 50blue, but if you can't find them used, then the callsic 30 is probably your best bet.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if you can't find a Traynor look into the Valveking combos as they can handle lots of styles of music on a budget.

imo

u love those valveking heh lol. well i dont blame you, the only reason i didnt buy one is because i got a free decent amp wich allows me to save my money to buy a multi effects board
wht about a $700-$800 used amp so it lowers to 600 or something? i just need some recommendations
Last edited by alexcp94 at Jun 21, 2008,
Mesa Boogie F-50 and you won't look back for those music, unless you need more gain if you style change then Mark IV is needed (they go around 1k).
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by kckyle
you should save up another 1 grand and get a marshall jcm800 or jcm900 halfstack

Why a halfstack?
Plus, TS said he had a budget for 600 bucks. I doubt he's going to be keen on the idea to wait so much longer to get something with a low tone:price ratio like one of those Marshalls (IMO, no offense. they're good amps, they just have bad ratios to tone and price).

I'd go with the Traynor that people are recommending. Peavey classics are great amps, but the Traynor has more convincing crunch.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'd go with the Traynor that people are recommending. Peavey classics are great amps, but the Traynor has more convincing crunch.

If you can find one. I have been looking around to try one, and still haven't even seen one. The way people talk about them, though, they seem great.
Quote by darkarbiter7

Why a halfstack?
Plus, TS said he had a budget for 600 bucks. I doubt he's going to be keen on the idea to wait so much longer to get something with a low tone:price ratio like one of those Marshalls (IMO, no offense. they're good amps, they just have bad ratios to tone and price).

lol i was just pulling your legs
It would work.

Honestly though, whoever suggested an F-50 is dead on. THe f-30s and f-50s go for about 500 on ebay and they are very versatile great sounding amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by chuck spectre
is the randall rg50 any good?
its 560 $

it's very much aimed at metal. for what you want to play, i think either a traynor ycv or classic 30 would be a better option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?