Ok pit, considering you're my personal maintenance man, I apparently have a virus. It deleted my... hard drive? And things are just strange, I can't scan it, because it shows I don't have a hard drive. Any idea as to what this is?
delete everything of system32

just kidding dont.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
You have to reformat your hard drive......that's all you can do I think...correct me if I'm wrong here guys, I'm not very computer savy.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
You have to reformat your hard drive......that's all you can do I think...correct me if I'm wrong here guys, I'm not very computer savy.

Thats what I was thinking too. This is going to suck.
Maybe it would be best if you just put all the stuff you wanna keep (if theres any left) on a external hard drive or USB or whatever and just rebooted? I mean if it took your hard drive i dont think its something curable but i might be wrong, so see what others suggest first.
Quote by Demonology
Ouuuch. Bye bye music

PS, that WoW theme is crap. You can do better man

You know you love it!

And I can't do a system restore. :'(
An Hero???

but honestly,take it to a computer store.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Try getting another virus. My strategy is to get as many as I can so that they battle each other and eventually they will all cancel each other out.

Seriously though, try a system restore and reformat if that doesn't work.

Seriously seriously though, get more viruses.
"Do you agree that you should be the leader of singers with a message?"

"No, I don't know what that is." - Bob Dylan
Reformat.

And get a good antivirus, and stop downloading random things.
Well Hunter Riggs, you are way too into WoW.

On topic, pop in your windows cd, restart your computer booting from the cd and format that baby.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by shakedowntonite
before you do anything crazy, have you even done a virus scan?

He can't, it says his hard drive doesn't exist.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Reformat.

And get a good antivirus, and stop downloading random things.

Thats what made this thread.
You deleted your hard drive?!

Thats...an interesting one
As suggested
System Restore
if not, reformat.

Try typing in C:/ (or whatever your hard drive WAS) in that little search box and seeing if it comes up

Also, you could try opening up a command prompt window (cmd or COMMAND.COM) and typing in diskpart and then type 'list disk' and 'list volume' (without the quotes) and seeing if anything shows up...
Quote by Masonpwiley
I found this http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic106663.html. Seems to describe what you have perfectly.

Followed all of those steps, and I'm now scanning, and it IS scanning my hard drive. So something has to be going right. Thanks a bunch for that awesome find.

Quote by smb
You want hijackthis.

I have it.

Quote by deckerbastard69
THATS WHAT U GET FOR LOOKING AT NUDEY PICTURES OF BEASTILALITY

i no rite.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Followed all of those steps, and I'm now scanning, and it IS scanning my hard drive. So something has to be going right. Thanks a bunch for that awesome find.

You are welcome

Google is your friend next time.
Quote by Masonpwiley
You are welcome

Google is your friend next time.

I usually come to google first, explaining my lack of Pit questions, but this one caught me very off guard and I didn't even think to use it.
if you can get to your documents, then its obviously not gone, right click on your desktop, new>shortcut> navigate to the drive

presto.

also go to isohunt.com, and download the Nod32 31days remaining forever antivirus, best one around; or if youre one for not using cracked warez, download avast antivirus, not as good as nod32 imo but its the best free one

btw im microsoft certified (yeah, 17 and MScertified lol) so pm me if you have any questions
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
Save your music files and anything impt to an external HD or thumbdrive if you have a 4gb sized one and reformat.
HI GUYS!