yeah i was wondering, in a long time, probably about a year (i just want to get this sorted how for fun) i'll have a new amp, my board will be set, i will have my strat, but my explorer seems somewhat lacking
would the 496t and 500t be good for metal sort of things compared to a emg 81/60 set?
i'm wondering because i would want to get one, than see how the pickups are than possibly replace them with emgs?
sounds like a good idea? or are the pickups already high enough output
also i didn't notice this but the new shred explorer looks great but i would change some things:
for instance i would make it emg 81/60
and make it a floyd rose instead of a kahler, but idk i like the floyds i've experience don't know anything about kahler's other than that they rival floyds
anyway
here's the link:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Shred-X-Explorer-Electric-Guitar-Ebony-516470-i1390771.gc
(also i'd put in inlays, and btw, i also am not too big of a fan of the new shape of these ltd's i want the old 80's explorer look, yes i'm a hetfield fanboy, what can i say he's god, and i also love the look, feel, and play of explorers )
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
ah i see
well jcm 900? for thrash metallica, megadeth, slayer
nothing to brootal
plus i've heard it has essentially no bottom end so maybe a eq pedal in the future
idk i'm just really wondering if the normal pickups will cut it, course this is in a long time
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
as in i will be getting one i'm pretty sure of probably within 4-6 months
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yeah i guess i'm just wondering if anyone had past experience with these pickups and the emgs and if the emgs were any better or not
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
well i'm looking for a thrash metal sound
metallica, megadeth, slayer, maybe some pantera
and some decent cleans, not too ****ty because of the pickups
but nothing other than that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Both sets would be capable, with the right amp.

It just depends on what tones you're EXACTLY looking for. Like I said, the pickups are for tweaking your tone, they're not the determining factor in what music you can play. Like said, Lamb of God use vintage output PAF pickups to play their brand of modern American metal.