Tool is the modern Led Zeppelin

Radiohead is the modern Pink Floyd

But what is Muse........

I think I've narrowed it down to four

1) Beatles
2) The Who
3) Queen
4) The Doors

Don't tell me that AC/DC belongs on this list, and if you even mention GNR i'm going to bitch slap you from the depths of cyber space. haha...just kidding.
I would say queen cause like queen they have released songs in many different genres
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Muse is the modern Radiohead....sorry
Quote by Diet_coke_head
This reminds me of a time when I was jerking off onto a jellyfish and somebody walking down the beach said something. I don't remember the actual wording, but they should have just let me be.
Cream maybe, because they take what has been done before and reinvent it through a power trio. They resemble Queen in vocals, Doors in Lyrics, Pink Floyd in sound and Who in rythmic style. Beatles I don't see at all.
Quote by SlashFan810
Beatles I don't see at all.

was thinking that.
seriously? beatles? :P
Muse is the modern Radiohead....sorry

I respectfully disagree because both bands are currently releasing records and touring, so....No.

Cream lacks the versatility and range of songs, plus....Cream wrote a lot of crappy songs, lets not kid ourselves. Disraeli Gears was legit but everything else was almost unlinstenable...fresh cream was legit too...whatev

SlashFan810 really nails it though.....
They resemble Queen in vocals, Doors in Lyrics, Pink Floyd in sound and Who in rythmic style.
it just occurred to me that....maybe me and my buddy screwed up.

Perhaps Radiohead is the new beatles, perhaps tool is the modern zep and floyd, muse is the modern fu** i don't know. i''m leaning toward cream/queen/doors hybrid
I'll probobly get flammed but:

they remind me of Rush in ways
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
I would say that Tool is the modern Rush.

Radiohead are nothing like Pink Floyd.

Muse are quite original but I would say Queen.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
They're none of those bands. They have elements of all of them, but they're too unique to be a reincarnation of anyone.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Trying to link new bands with old bands is completely pointless.

Tool is totally different than Led Zeppelin, and Radiohead is totally different than Pink Floyd.

Led Zeppelin is today's Led Zeppelin, Rush is today's Rush, etc. Bands don't "vanish." I mean, their music is still theirs, it doesn't get transferred on to some newer band.
The.
I think that the obvious comparison would be Tool with Pink Floyd, rather than Led Zeppelin.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I don't really like the comparison thing, but if you insist I'll give you my opinion.

I don't get the Tool/Led Zep thing. Looking at status I'd say that RHCP (being the biggest band in the world right now) and Zeppelin can be compared much easier. Radiohead/Pink Floyd I can accept, although Tool could take this title too. I'd say Pearl Jam are the new Who. The Beatles are pretty much incomparable to any band alive right now and I can't find any for The Doors either.

I'd say Muse are the new Queen.
this question is very subjective of course, and yes you can't say one band is a reincarnation of another one.

however the similarities definitely are there, whether they relate to the actual music, the personalities of the members, the fan base, the live shows, the mystique, the politics, whatever... a lot of people agree that if there were a modern pink floyd it would be radiohead and if there were a modern zep it would be Tool. But like I said, just because a lot of people think so doens't make it definitively correct to proclaim so
Beatles? No. They are I suppose most like Queen with the whole granduoso thing. The Who with the "Tommy Opera" thing shares overblown similarities. How can you hear any Beatles in Muses heavy guitar, synth laden music? To be honest I think the whole comparison thing is pointless. Radiohead arent like Pink Floyd.
Quote by duncang
I think that the obvious comparison would be Tool with Pink Floyd, rather than Led Zeppelin.

Tool is more like King Crimson. If anyone is Pink Floyd, its the Mars Volta. Except, I'm talking Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd. Though thats really just De-Loused.. everything else they've done is more like certain Krautrock bands.

Anyway, Outkast is the modern Beatles, damn it. Outkast started off doing pretty standard poppy hippity hop, and then they went really off into another direction, while staying true to hip-hop and to pop music.

Muse is the modern Edith Piaf.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Tool is more like King Crimson. If anyone is Pink Floyd, its the Mars Volta. Except, I'm talking Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd. Though thats really just De-Loused.. everything else they've done is more like certain Krautrock bands.

Anyway, Outkast is the modern Beatles, damn it. Outkast started off doing pretty standard poppy hippity hop, and then they went really off into another direction, while staying true to hip-hop and to pop music.

Muse is the modern Edith Piaf.

I think the Pink Floyd comparison is more fitting because, despite the very unconventional and very original approach of both of those bands, they still have masses of success and a legion of fans who are made up of fans of lots of different genres.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Jun 21, 2008,
Muse are the modern Muse.

Other comparisons are silly
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I've been convinced to open this again, for some reason.

If I still think it's silly in the morning it gets closed again.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...