Hey,
I just noticed recently that the tremolo effect on my precious CBB is kind of acting up.

First off, there's about a 50/50 chance that it'll turn on. And, that varies by day.
And even then, even if the effect doesn't come on, I can hear volume fluctuations in the background noise, not the actual guitar sound itself. This is what I found particularly puzzling. The footswitch works fine too, since it properly activates the trem going on in the background. I even tried swapping tubes, no luck.
Everything else works splendidly, though.

So, make a long story short... The noise caused by the amp is affected by the tremolo effect, but my guitar signal isn't.

I usually don't use trem, but it's nice to have the option since when it does work, it sounds great.

Should I have my tech take a look at this when I take it to him to get it biased, and do you think it'd be worth it to fix?

Thanks!

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yes, I think it would be worth it, because it would be cheaper than going out and buying a tremelo pedal
Alright, but could anyone kind of tell me what the problem may be?
It worked for a while, on and off, but today it doesn't want to work right.
But, it'll probably work fine tomorrow.

That's the one slightly bad thing about my amp, is that it has unreliable trem.
As long as the reverb works good, and it's tonal pistons are firing, i'm good.
But, i'll have my tech look at it. Sadly, I don't want to pay a whole lot for it, because i'm already paying him to install some new tubes and bias the amp up. I may just have him look at it and get it fixed some other time.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Maybe a loose connection to the tremelo unit. If you feel safe doing it, you could open it up and look for anything thats not connected very well.
Alright.
Perhaps i'll just have my tech take a look at it. If it's just a loose connection, he'd probably fix it for free while he's biasing my amp (he has to open it up).
I'm just curious about other possibilities of what it may be.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
tube maybe?

by the way, im just throwing that out there because you know.....it could always be just a tube lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣