Does it work to replace a MIM neck with a 22 fret neck from warmoth?
does the neck have to be a certain scale to work with the original 21 fret scale?
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
It would work, and the neck doesn't have to be the same scale, but it wouldn't play the same and you'd need to re-intonate it.
Right now you probably have a 25.5" (Fender strat?)
Would you like the frets a little closer and looser string tension? 24" (It'll feel like a Gibson.)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I don't believe so. I have an American Strat (22) and a Mim Strat neck next to me, and when held next to each other the frets line up perfectly, meaning same scale length at 25.5". I have to assume that the bridges are in different places to accommodate this, or perhaps the bodies are slightly different. You might be able to make some serious bridge adjustments to fix the intonation, but more than likely the new neck simply wont work. Maybe a 22 fret neck with a 25" scale...?

I would definitely do more research before purchasing.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I saw a little example a while ago with a PRS 22 and 24 model and shows the bridge is moved closer towards the neck here.

ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by jthm_guitarist
It would work, and the neck doesn't have to be the same scale, but it wouldn't play the same and you'd need to re-intonate it.
Right now you probably have a 25.5" (Fender strat?)
Would you like the frets a little closer and looser string tension? 24" (It'll feel like a Gibson.)

You my friend are wrong. The scale length MUST be the same unless you shift the neck pocket.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It doesn't matter between 21 and 22. 22 fretters just have the last fret overhang so it doesn't move the bridge or mess with scale length or intonation at all.

this. except i think warmoth necks have a slightly different neck pocket designed to only fit their bodies, as they are not built to be replacement parts.

Check ebay, you could probably get a fender 22 fret strat neck there.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jun 20, 2008,
No the warmoth is a fender factory spec neck pocket I have one of their 24.75 scale conversion necks on my squier. So it would fit in a fender strat no problems. As for the number of frets it depends. The warmoth neck just has an overhang at the end of the neck to allow more frets. Im not sure on the 21 and 22 fret necks from fender. Fender is pretty good about interchangability.