so i was given a new computer recently..
ive got 2 monitors set up, which are powered by 2 graphics cards (nvidia 7300 LE)
so my question is, if i get rid of one monitor will i be able to concentrate the 2 graphics cards and double the performance??

and im also a little confused, i looked up the graphics card and it apparently only has 64mb of memory, but on my computer it says it has 512mb??? am i doing something wrong?
I don't believe you can focus the two video cards together.
And video card memory and computer memory are different.
Your video memory would be the 64mb, and your computers actual memory would be the 512.
^ correct.
(nearly)

You can indeed concentrate two graphics card into one screen, its called sLI technology.

But i dont think the 7300 is sLi compatible. So no, im afraid not mate.

EDIT: However, if you took one monitor away, and just used one graphics card, the computer would be faster, due to using less computer memory + processing. As the cards only have 64mb, they are going to be using some of the computers main RAM.
Quote by identityxcrysis
I don't believe you can focus the two video cards together.
And video card memory and computer memory are different.
Your video memory would be the 64mb, and your computers actual memory would be the 512.

Actually, yes you can use two cards in conjunction if your motherboard allows for it. It's called SLI (in the case of Nvidia).
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
it will increase the perfomance, but not double them

and for the memory thing, it's probably 512mb hypermemory, it means your 2 cards can use up to 512-64 mb of the computer memory to work.

and the 7300 is not a very good graphic card anyway even SLIed

hope i helped and sorry about the mistakes, my english is a bit rusty
Hmm....I wish I would have known that, I feel stupid now haha.
I'm not to great when it comes to hardware, so I guess I should have just shut up.
No you can not concentrate both onto one monitor.

It doesn't really work that way
It's just sending the image to another monitor
But that doesn't mean it's stealing from your graphical power
Just think of it dividing your image, nothing else.
So might as well keep both.

and also, it says 512MB ram?
You're probably looking at your computer ram
Not video ram

Just look into this stuff.
It's pretty confusing at first but it's really not that complicated as you think
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']and also, it says 512MB ram?
You're probably looking at your computer ram
Not video ram

apparently i have 2gb's of ram

heres a screen shot..
the 7300le series doesnt support SLI, what kind of slot's do they fit into? if it's PCEI which i dont think it will be, but if it is the case you could spend a few bucks and get hold of an 8600 or 8800GT/S.
aw right i see that is is PCIE, i would upgrade to an nvidia 8800GTS or something like that, itll help with crysis big time!
Quote by ralph wiggum
apparently i have 2gb's of ram

heres a screen shot..

Where does it say that? I can't see it
sLi does not support multi-monitors and as said before i dont think the 7300 is Sli compatable so you should just get an 8800gtx probably.
plus the bonus in sLi is neglible most of the time. (maybe 15-20% tops.)
We often feel sad in the presence of music without words; and often more than that in the presence of music without music -M. Twain
Quote by Chozz
Where does it say that? I can't see it

it says somewhere else.

control panel --> system..
3.40ghz, 2.0gb of RAM

edit- i was posting a screen shot of the graphics card hoping someone would answer why it says i have 512mb of memory...
sorry if im not making sense, ive been surfing all day and its now 1 am so im kind of tired..

thanks for all of your input, i guess ill look into getting a new graphics card
Last edited by ralph wiggum at Jun 20, 2008,