I got this guitar for Christmas. It was amazing. Everything about it was great.

Two months ago, I had to change the strings. After I did this, I couldn't keep it in tune. I figured I just need to play a bit and they'd adjust but they still haven't.

Any bends and the strings go out of tune. And a lot of the time when I'm trying to hit high octaves (on the higher three strings) I have to bend the lower string to get matching pitch even when my guitar seems to be in tune.

Anyone have any suggestions?
what kind of guitar do you have?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
If it was your first time restringing a guitar, did you just wind the strings on any how?? Because you have to wind them over thereselves!! I know what i mean but not very good at explaining. Maybe someone on here could tell you more.
**** strings? What are they?

Usually a good idea is to just pull the strings up and down off the fret board, really stretch 'em out. (but dont snap obv lol)

And then tune. Play for a few hours. Repeat.

Then they're usually great.
well are they the same gauge?
did you make sure there was some slack on the pegs so you can "wind up" the strings?
it's a fixed bridge so i'm running out of ideas here..hmmm.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
i know what you mean shaun. i did. i've changed strings before, this is just the first time i've come upon this problem.

Quote by CobbZ
**** strings? What are they?
Usually a good idea is to just pull the strings up and down off the fret board, really stretch 'em out. (but dont snap obv lol)
And then tune. Play for a few hours. Repeat.
Then they're usually great.

i can't remember what they are. they might be ernie ball. but i'll try that out.

Quote by SomebodySomeone
well are they the same gauge?
did you make sure there was some slack on the pegs so you can "wind up" the strings?
it's a fixed bridge so i'm running out of ideas here..hmmm.

what do you mean exactly when you say "wind up"?
but they are the right guage for the guitar. i actually checked that several times before i ordered them and put them on.
Is the neck bowed? Not sure if this causes a problem with normal tuning but it's an idea.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Are you sure you put the strings on right? You put the end through the tuner, then take it back, wind it over itself and then start turning?

If you did do that, then the only thing I can think of is: When you're tuning your guitar, never tune from up to down, say your tuner says your string is too high for an E note, don't just tune it down untill it matches, tune it down a little more even till you get an Eb, and then turn it up to the E again. If you don't do this then the string gets loose around the tuner and gets turned when you do a bend.

And of course stretch your strings when you put them on, put your elbow on your pickups and pull it up so it gets loosened.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Just stretch the strings, that's all the problem is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Put some grover tuners on it, there just awsome, i put some on my guitar it only ever goes out of standard if i want it too
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Put some grover tuners on it, there just awsome, i put some on my guitar it only ever goes out of standard if i want it too

Even they wouldn't solve the problem of unstretched strings though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ThePapercliptro
I got this guitar for Christmas. It was amazing. Everything about it was great.

Two months ago, I had to change the strings. After I did this, I couldn't keep it in tune. I figured I just need to play a bit and they'd adjust but they still haven't.

Any bends and the strings go out of tune. And a lot of the time when I'm trying to hit high octaves (on the higher three strings) I have to bend the lower string to get matching pitch even when my guitar seems to be in tune.

Anyone have any suggestions?

are you sure you properly strung your guitar?
www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/stringing.htm
Sometimes, if you double up the strings on the string head, you can get compression of the layers of strings, which will lead to instability. This may be the problem, however it seems more likely that the guitar just hasnt settled again yet. Leave it a couple of days to sort itself out, if it doesnt, your neck may be warped, and you should get it to a guitar tech for repairs. Adjusting truss rods is not for the faint of heart.