ok so my amp isnt really all that noisy, but when i stop laying there is a lot of feedback. i have tried turning the gain down, but even with zeppelin-like gain it has feedback. its only bad at high volumes when i am playing with my band. is a noise gate right for me? or is there another way?

i was going to just get a noise gate, but ive been told that they dont help much for feedback, just noise and hiss. anyone want to disagree? lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
So this isn't controllable feedback right, the kind you can play with to get different sounds and whammy bar tricks?

If it is what I think your getting you will need to "pot" your pickups. Here is an article that explains what potting is and how to do it. I don't think a gate will stop the type of feedback you are getting.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/index.php
Quote by shredder.cheese
So this isn't controllable feedback right, the kind you can play with to get different sounds and whammy bar tricks?

If it is what I think your getting you will need to "pot" your pickups. Here is an article that explains what potting is and how to do it. I don't think a gate will stop the type of feedback you are getting.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/index.php

i can get that kind of feedback sometimes, but its mostly the kind that makes you want to shoot yourself.

aslo, could using a bass 4x10 cab affect feedback? im using my bassists cab at the moment, though i just ordered a mesa 2x12 so i will see if things change then
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I wouldnt think using just a bass cab would effect anything, unless the output ohm rating of the head your using doesn't match what the speaker cab is. For example say a head is rated 8 ohms output but the cab is running four 8 ohm speakers in parallel, then you'll have a problem because now your combined speakers are running at 2 ohms, but I don't think that is the case. I think it is you pickups.
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jun 20, 2008,
dang...

haha. i was thinking of getting new pickups, but i now have no money as i just bought a mesa mark iii and recto cab lol.

hmm....maybe i could ask for some gfs pickups for christmas or something. i know they arent amazing, but they would probbaly slaughter the 3 dollar epi pickups right? hahaha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣