So as the title suggests i need a 2x12 cab. i have a peavey 6505+ head if that nakes any difference to what you would suggest. my price range is around the £500 mark as i would sell the 4x12 peavey cab i have now as i need to downsize for uni, plan selling my Line6 Spider. so any suggestions?
Cheers
Last edited by littlebigmatt at Jun 20, 2008,
avatar, vader, mesa recto 2x12, genz benz g-flex 2x12
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^ and ENGL and Framus... there's another company called something like Basston who are meant to be really good. And they're about £300 too.

The latter are V30 speakers and the former is Eminence i think.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
^ and ENGL and Framus... there's another company called something like Basston who are meant to be really good. And they're about £300 too.

The latter are V30 speakers and the former is Eminence i think.

Do you mean Harley Benton?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Chhers for teh responses so far guys, i like and sound of those Vader cabs they look pretty kick ass too. has anyone owned one?? the only problem with the engl ccbas is there huuuuuuuuuge even the 2x12 which is as heavy as my 4x12 peavey cab atm. I'll check out framus.
Get the Framus 212 on thomann. ~£210, Vintage 30s, quality construction, great price for a good cab?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Do you mean Harley Benton?

No, he means Basson, but Harley Benton is another choice.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MrCarrot
Get the Framus 212 on thomann. ~£210, Vintage 30s, quality construction, great price for a good cab?

Sounds like a good deal. I ould look into that personally. That is, if I needed a cab.
Framus one is awesome, I got it from thomann and I couldn't be more pleaseed, aslong as you dont mind the colour but i think it looks cool myself

Harley Benton are a bit crap to be honest. Speakers are good in the V30 model but the construction isn't all that good.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
This Wednesday I'm picking up a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 cab to put under my 5150 combo.
I played it for an hour and a half last Wednesday and it's a beast, so much bass and it's so much clearer than the stock speakers in my combo. I'll probably replace the stock speakers later too.

I don't think V30's sound that great with a 5150/6505 to be honest.
I'd go with something that has a little more low end punch, the 5150 has plenty of mids.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
the harley benton cab is excellent value for money, and would defo suit your style of music.

realy cant fault it, wish it had castors tho, but the side handles are great.

i was surprised, tbh, because it so cheap, i was expecting like poor quality, well ive giged with it, its taken a few knocks and ive been plesently surprised

execelent value, and great quality

ciaran
I'm guessing V30's are some of yalls favorite speakers?
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
These Avatar recomendations are getting wild.

yes, they are nice for the money. But look where he's located.

Avatars are next to impossible to find in other countries, seeing as they have no deals and will not ship internationally.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
This thread is 2 weeks old.

Stop reviving old threads.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd recommend Genz Benz G-Flex 2 x 12s. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. Message me if you are interested.
My Music:

My Photography: