Hey everyone,

I recently discovered that the volume knob of my Ibanez S470DXQM rattles and is considerably less sturdy than the tone knob. When I turn it to max or minimum volume it rotates just a little bit too much and there is a slight *crunch* when I do so. I've only done that once and now I wouldn't dare touch it unless necessary. Please help

Thanks a lot
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
sounds like your volume pot might be a bit loose

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
any ideas on how to fix it?

thanks for replying by the way
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
i'm not too sure,

on my guitar you just tighten the washer/bolt things, if you take the knob it off, the plastic part, there will be like a metal stump thing that turns, that obviously the dial, at the bottom there is like a washer yeah? if thats loos tighten that,

if its just the plastic bit thats loose, glue it down...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sounds like there is something wrong with the potentiometer (volume pot) and it's wiper. There is a wiper that rotates inside the pot that comes in contact with the "resistive element" and creates the changeable resistance that raises and lowers the volume. Either the wiper or element could be worn; or even the post.
Thank you guys soo much, I simply pulled the knob off and the washer was a bit loose, tightened that and that was it.

thank you Tom Horn and shredder.cheese, you rock.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus

Just unscrew the plate on the back and with both hands, tighten up nut 1 and 2 using your hand or a pair of pliers
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by aradroxar
Thank you guys soo much, I simply pulled the knob off and the washer was a bit loose, tightened that and that was it.

thank you Tom Horn and shredder.cheese, you rock.

no worries mate,

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb