Im thinking of buying a pedal, but i dont know what to get,

i dont really know what 'sound' i want to get, im going to pick the most practical one, im thinking of overdrive cause that works with almost any song
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
what amp do you use ?
think of a band or song you like the sound of tell us
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
yeah so?
you want to get some advice?
if so, what kind of music do you play?
your gear/amp?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
The First pedal i bougth was the Boss OS-2 ... with it, you can have either OD or DIST, or combine it however you want. Non of them knocks you out, but the sound quite well, and the pedal is very versatile.

It also helps you to find out what kind of sound you like best. So you go get the right pedal for you next time.

A very ground solid, all-right pedal under the bottom line,..
Ibanez Tube King, bit more expensive, but great versatile sound.
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
i have a vox AD100VT, i like avenged sevenfold, protest the hero and the human abstract, wat pedal do you guys think
Quote by Nelli2881
i have a vox AD100VT, i like avenged sevenfold, protest the hero and the human abstract, wat pedal do you guys think

Hey, no thread hijacking!

Back on-topic. if you have a cheap-o solid state amplifier, you need a tube distortion pedal. Run it through your amp on clean.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker

Back on-topic. if you have a cheap-o solid state amplifier, you need a tube distortion pedal. Run it through your amp on clean.

Now if he had posted his own topic, you probably would have yelled at him and said use the search bar.
exactly, god forbid anyone benefit from a thread other than their own, so if anyone could suggest if i should get a distortion or overdrive that would be greatly appreciated
Quote by Firequacker

That isn't hijacking, I don't think.

Hijacking would be turning this thread into a discussion about ice hockey or sommit.

whats a tube amp?

sorry im really a newbie,
my amp is a laney, its really small square size, about the size of a comp monitor.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Firequacker

Most tube distortion pedals are little more than gimmicks - most of the best distortion pedals around are straightforward analogue solid state affairs.

TS, you have a cheap practice amp there so it's debatable how much a pedal will help, arguably a better amp is what you should be aiming for long term. If you just want to make more noise then just get something cheap like a DS1, or even one of the Behringer pedals.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com