Poll: How will the world 'end'?
Poll Options
View poll results: How will the world 'end'?
Virus/Bacteria
16 12%
Man made explosive
33 25%
Environmental problem/global warming
28 21%
Cosmic disaster
35 26%
Lack of food sources
8 6%
Computers will override humans...
14 10%
Voters: 134.
Page 1 of 2
Providing it does..
Watching alot of 'end of the world' movies lately has given me some thoughts about wheather any of it is actually possible...
So I ask of you: Do you think humans will one day cease to exist, and if they do, how so? Personally I think some sort of virus is likely to kill us off, if lack of food doesn't.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Judging by the movies either zombies, aliens, natural disaster or robots from the future...take your pick

I'm gonna have to go with robots from the future because Kristanna Loken was hot in Terminator 3
Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
Providing it does..
Watching alot of 'end of the world' movies lately has given me some thoughts about wheather any of it is actually possible...
So I ask of you: Do you think humans will one day cease to exist, and if they do, how so? Personally I think some sort of virus is likely to kill us off, if lack of food doesn't.

Yes humans will one day cease to exist, we will either perish or evolve into a newer species.

A virus is pretty likely with people taking anti-biotics and making the viruses adapt and become immune to them, making the cure for the common cold harder to create, we will probably find a way to mass manufacture food, we can already grow bits of meat on Aga (SP?) plates with the proper nutrients in it.

But I think we'll just get wiped out by some huge explosion.
Ninja's will rule the world one day
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Ninja's will rule the world one day

Nay! pirates
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Climate change... eventually. If our climate turns too hot or too cold (for humans) life will end - it's that simple and it has happened before.
Quote by JimiGrohl
Climate change... eventually. If our climate turns too hot or too cold (for humans) life will end - it's that simple and it has happened before.

If that happens, basically everything else will die too, especially considering humans have powered air-conditioning.
Quote by JimiGrohl

Which is why the number of pirates need to be drastically increased!

more sig required.
Last edited by Is_6_9? at Jun 20, 2008,
the pit will end the world

mods please dont kill me
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I don't think that the Human Race will bring it's own demise. Probably just run out of resources sooner or later though but that still wouldn't finish every single human off. Ultimately it will be when the sun dies.
the world ends when i die.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by fender_696
how will humans run out of food? i think that is unlikely

If mankind turns to nuclear war then the surface of the planet could be damaged so badly that it cannot sustain plant growth anymore.
Quote by fender_696
how will humans run out of food? i think that is unlikely

The way humans are going it is likely imo..
In just 1000 years the world population hs absolutely SKYROCKETED.
From like a few million to a few billion, its pretty crazy. You hear of prices of stock going up, world water shortages...
Think of the density of living in japan, and inner new york, I dont see how the world could cope with lots more citys like that.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

The world is really just one giant computer game, and sooner or later whoever is playing it is going to get a game over.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
The world is really just one giant computer game, and sooner or later whoever is playing it is going to get a game over.

Or finish the game and unlock hidden content
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
From like a few million to a few billion, its pretty crazy. You hear of prices of stock going up, world water shortages...
Think of the density of living in japan, and inner new york, I dont see how the world could cope with lots more citys like that.

The thing is that everyone would die until eventually there would be so few people left that they could support themselves with what food was left.
Quote by Ziggums
The thing is that everyone would die until eventually there would be so few people left that they could support themselves with what food was left.

I reckon everyone would slowly die, and it would take a long time, after the initial food loss...
OR the lack of fresh water. Theres not enough of it already to sustain over 6 billion people
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro

I don't think that'd end humanity though.
It'd just result in a mass population cull of those living in cities.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I don't think that'd end humanity though.
It'd just result in a mass population cull of those living in cities.
Now that is BROOTOL!
Thats seriously a case where the rich would survive and the poor would be thrown away and killed.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

The world will end when and army of Geordies fights and army of Glasweigens.

Luckily right now there is a truce .... but a shaky one, it's only a matter of time.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Massive online game actually

insanely addictive

and when world disasters happen, thats why...

hitler was really just a pawn of some noob trying to win.

sadly he pwned for a while but then died so he got pwned

if that makes any sense
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by iron_maiden97
Massive online game actually

insanely addictive

and when world disasters happen, thats why...

hitler was really just a pawn of some noob trying to win.

sadly he pwned for a while but then died so he got pwned

if that makes any sense

Actually, it made a lot of sense.

Whoever's playing as me must suck a good bit.
kill all humans
It depends if you see the worlds end as the end of the human race and our ability to percept the existence of the world, or the actual destruction of the world. For the former, I say we'll kill ourselves. For the latter, I say we're living in a oscillating universe.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by tommyt
The world will end when and army of Geordies fights and army of Glasweigens.

Luckily right now there is a truce .... but a shaky one, it's only a matter of time.

Damn those crazy Geordies...
Guitar:Gibson Les Paul Standard

Amp:Vox AC30

Everyone listen to MGMT
The "world" end? Do you mean the end of mankind, or the end of Earth?

I'd say its pretty likely some kind of virus could wipe out humans. But I also wouldn't put it past nuclear war either.

End of the earth? The sun blowing up.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
None of these. The human race will become extinct by its own doing eventually, and the solar system will come to the end of its natural lifespan.
Ragnarok

So when you hear the world-percing sound of the Gjallar horn, post some tits!
Last edited by Crozmo at Jun 20, 2008,
We will end up consuming all natural resources and have no way of bringing them back. So I'm guessing it starts with famine then hunger and epidemic. Then a string of ****ed up natural disasters due to global warming will wipe the earth clean.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Page 1 of 2