Page 1 of 2
I cut my left hand nails every 3 days or so. My right hand nails are longer, for fingerpicking.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
UG's fingernails are 3cms long.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
A couple of millimetres at the most, I always have them really low but not completely bitten off.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
as short as possible, otherwise it becomes difficult to play violin.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I don't cut the ones on my right hand since I need them for my playing, I keep them about 3-5 mm long. The left hand never gets more than 2mm at best.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
left hand: the don't extend past my finger tips.
right hand: about 3/4 of an inch.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Edit: Actually just realised the white bit is only existant on my thumb.

Poll?
Last edited by Demonology at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm a biter

Remind me not to have fellatio with you then
more sig required.
Left hand: about 2mm behind the fingertip, i bite back once they are close to the end

Right hand about 1mm behind the tip.
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
i bite mine but atleast they're painted pretty

this is a pic i took for the "post a pic of your pick" thread

Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm a biter

+1
In the corner beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason
I'd never notice a memory that could hold me back

Siis mitä häh?
just got them done again yesterday, so this is mine at their shortest:

i'll usually get them trimmed, filed and polished every 2-4 weeks when i get my acrylics refilled, it just depends on how long they get and if they start to get in the way of things.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by mr.glavin
****test thread ever

Like to see you make one. And learn to spell paedophile.

Mine on the right hand are long, I play the classical guitar.
about 1 or 2 mm
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Between 1-3mm of white. I have a need to cut them smooth and round though, none of that uneven crap for me. :S
Quote by TheQuailman
Lots of fingerpicking?

Yeah I try to keep them long so steel strings don't wear them down, I'm actually thinking of getting professionally done press on nails.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Yeah I try to keep them long so steel strings don't wear them down, I'm actually thinking of getting professionally done press on nails.

get a coating of acrylic over your nail. it thickens and hardens them right up so they won't break or wear down easily at all.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
get a coating of acrylic over your nail. it thickens and hardens them right up so they won't break or wear down easily at all.

+1
But don't use nail polish remover to get rid of it for the night like many people do, the harm to the nails from it is bigger than the benefit from the acrylic.
Just thought I'd add that.

Hell, why do I know so much chick stuff?
look at the picture, would a guy dye his fingernails pink? Those hands don't look manly either

and acrylic won't let the nails breath making them very weak. I don't like it, once it's gone your nails are messed up.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I was rather talking about me than about divid3d. I already gathered that she was a chick somehow.

EDIT: Nah, once it's gone because you used the polish remover they're a mess, but if you let it wear off with time, the nails should be fine. From what I know, anyways.
Quote by divid3d

That's what I do now, but after splitting the nail on my ring finger 6 months ago and still getting too much wear I'm seriously thinking about going the fake nail route, which is actually what a lot of bluegrass/country players do.

Last.fm
Plus I didn't learn picking with nail instead of a pick and all to put new artificial stuff over them, it's like sex without a condom - best there is.
UG's Flamenco Club
I have always wondered: What is that thing in your avatar Dreadnought? Or rather: where is it from? Some comic/video game/cartoon or something?
Page 1 of 2