Anybody goin to this? I will be checking it out myself I mainly goin to see crue the other bands kinda suck. I like Sixx:AM and little bit of Buckcherry. I think they shouldve got bands like RATT, W.A.S.P., Great White, L.A. Guns, ect. to open annd then a new band like Crashdiet or Dirty Penny.
Motley Crue were basically the only respectable ones from that entire glam scene. I laugh when I read Slash's autobio, he makes fun of glam bands so much.
They're picking some unique bands to open up the show where they go. TBH, I think with Cruefest, they wanted to go for a more modern bunch of people - Hence why we've got the likes of Papa Rpach, Buckcherry, etc.,. Maybe as more dates than just the US get put down we'll see some surprises - I know if they took the thing across Europe Crashdiet, Vains if Jenna and the likes would be THE first in line if they played a Swedish show. I'm just wanting at least 1 UK show to get to. The fest is most likely Nikki's brain-child, so it should work out just fine- so long as there's good Rock N' Roll, a decent bar or two and all that implies, I'll be happy!
EDIT: been reading that book - So far, its' kinda of bored me. Hell, I found the Heroin Diaries a more fun read, and thats' saying something (Although Lemmy's definitions are pretty damn funny)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
god i wish
in the UK we arent indulged with this
if i could afford the flight i would haha
Quote by kyzio
god i wish
in the UK we arent indulged with this
if i could afford the flight i would haha

I'm waiting for this to be taken across, to conveniently plug the album as well, but yeah - I'm not liking the portents of it. Isn't it usually the case though - Only the American fans get the full flavour... Grr. What we need's a British band that take the 'blow **** up' philosophy (to kinda quote Gene Simmons) of the Lunatics that we call LA's finest 80's rockers.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
I'm waiting for this to be taken across, to conveniently plug the album as well, but yeah - I'm not liking the portents of it. Isn't it usually the case though - Only the American fans get the full flavour... Grr. What we need's a British band that take the 'blow **** up' philosophy (to kinda quote Gene Simmons) of the Lunatics that we call LA's finest 80's rockers.

haha definitely
Saskatoon August 15th, New album out today, I like it. Well most of it anyway
going too see them on August 19th at cincinnati,

What do you guys think of the new album??

i think its amazing
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
HELL YEAH!! July 5 in Charlotte!!
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
you get to see them two days after I see them. I'll tell you on the 4th what I think of it.
Quote by memphisrain
You can live in the 80's forever....got my tix to this in Jersey....rock on!

YEAH!
Hey can you post the crowd size and the stage set up,ect. im seeing them on the 8th cant wait just blasting ''Too Young To Fall In Love'' great song hope they play it.
The crowd was kinda large. It depends on where you are at though I guess. Most people though didn't show up until late in the show basically just to see Crue. The stage set up for all the bands was really basic no lights or anything. Excluding Motley who took a good hour to set up. They had the pyrotechnic stuff, some firework thing, tons of lights, and all types of stuff. Oh and of course the tit-e-cam.

They opened with Kickstart my heart, can't remember most of the set though. I know Shout at the Devil was the third song. Girls, Girls, Girls was last before the encore and before that was Dr.Feelgood. For the encore they just played Home Sweet Home. I think Same Old Situation was only a song or two before Dr.Feelgood. Maybe it was at the beginning. I can't remember if they played Too Young To Fall In Love. I remember Looks that Kill was on the set, so was Primal Scream. Vince Neil was telling everyone to scream as loud as they could right before the song. They also played two(I think) songs off of Saints of L.A. one of them being the title track and the other being Mother ****er of the Year or something along those lines I think.

The rest of the bands played only about 45 minutes but they did play rather well. If you like the music of theirs then it would be really good for you but I don't care for their music so it was only alright.
Thanks cool I hope it is really badass when I see em I saw them on Carnival Of sins and they played over 20 songs but since its a festival theyre oinly playin about 13-15 songs I hear but the show makes up for it very cool.
yesterday was Cruefest and let me start by saying it was long waited. The show started at 5 so I left at 4. When I got there we chilled for a little and then proceeded to enter Jones Beach Theater which is a hell of a lot bigger than I thought it holds 14000 people that is a very good crowd to sell out to. I went with my parents and my friend Nick who is really into Punk Rock bands but I let him know he wouldnt be disapointed. They scanned are tix now I had the top tier but they gave us and upgrade the top holds about 3000 people and said they were only usin the front row of it which holds say 500 people. So I got better seats and a beutiful day. The theater is surrounded by water cause its off the beach so at the end of the stage there is about a 10 foot distance to the ocean. So The first band came on...
-TRAPT- Now im not into these guys I only know headstrong and thats what the 1000 people that watched really knew too. They had about 30 minutes played 4 or 5 songs and were quite boring no stage presence, have potential though.
-SIXX:AM- Im personally a fan of these guys and continue today. They played about 35 minutes and played songs ''Pray For Me'', ''Heart Failure'', ''Dead Mans Ballet'', ''Tomarrow'', ''Accidents Can Happen'', and ''Life Is Beautiful'' they were quite entertaining and be surprised how many people liked these guys at the time about 3000 people were there and all dug it DJ Ashba can play his ass off and James is a good singer live like the album.
-PAPA ROACH- Now things got really intresting call these guys what you want but they were and Buckcherry the best opening band of the night. Jacoby is a hell of a frontman like Vince in his young days constanly running, jumping into the crowd,ect. I was quite surpeised I knew some of there songs guees cause Im 16 so Im a 90's-00's kid. At the end the crazy bastard jumped into the ocean be on youtube soon. Crowd was getting bigger now about 6000.
-BUCKCHERRY- BuckCherry came to a warm crowd of about 8000 they first went on and tear the **** out of the place they do sound like the album. I got a liitle bored when they played ''Everything'' cause they tried to strecth it out into a crowd song. They played what you wanna hear ''Lit Up'', ''Next To You'', ''Sorry'', ''Crazy Bitch'', ''Too Drunk Too ****'' and the fact that they are identical to the album was cool.
-MOTLEY CRUE- First off nobody topped these guys and I think mI saw the best Crue perfoirmance of the tour why? Vince sang all the words im not ****ting you he sang everything beside the chorus we got the chance to do that he helped though sometimes. they added one more song to the setlist but it was ''Sick Love Song'' wish it was ''Too Young To Fall In Love''. When the Crue played the show was at its highest with 10000-11000 people pretty damn good to me if ya ask me. The band was tight they were energetic. Definatley a great show cant wait for Cruefest 2.

Overall I can say go to the show! I should have some pics soon I'll let u know!
Basically the same as I seen only Roach didn't do the stage dives and Cherry didn't play Next to You. It was basically the same as what I seen.

I also went with me parents...well my dad anyhow.
Yeah, it was a good show. It could do with some better acts though instead of Roach and them. Since the only ones I care much for is Cure...but that is just personal taste.
i was there last night in Bristow Va. I wasnt into Trapt, but Sixx A.M., Papa Roach, Buckcherry, and the Crue kicked ass.

• The singer for Sixx am sounds EXACTLY like he does on the album, they definatly are a very awesome band

• Jacoby is one of the greatest stage performers ever

• 'cherry didn't really make the same impression. i think the bass and guitars were up too high and drowned out Josh Todd's vocals a bit. but I do love their songs, especially "Too Drunk To ****" lmao. and their guitarists are great

• The Crue were insane, Mick Mars' solos were excellent!, Nikki's basslines were sweet, and Tommy's drumming was incredible. As far as Vince Neil's vocals go,...ehh he is extremely whiny and higher pitched than on all of their songs. Overall, the Crue were insanewith the sound quality, stage presence, and especially with the pyrotechnics. awesome

It started to storm violently during Papa Roach, which looked cool as **** with lightning touching down all around the pavilion, until it actually started raining underneath the awning. It was raining soo hard and it was soo windy that my girlfriend and I were soaked. By the time motley crue got on, we were co uncomfortable from being wet all night, NOT TO MENTION SOME DRUNK WOMAN DROPPED HER ENTIRE CUP OF BEER ON US, we sat through like, 7-8 songs, then headed back to the car. Just like the 80's! right in the parking lot of a motley crue concert!

ALSO!!! the Nissan Pavilion wouldn't let Tommy do the Tit-E cam, so he instead proceeded to whip his **** out, on all of the big screens. yeah... i saw waaay more of Tommy Lee last night than i wish i would have in my entire life.

I defiantly will be going to Cruefest 2
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jul 14, 2008,
Thats a great story dude. Yeah ****in Motley they cant be silenced Tommy proboly left in cuffs no big deal though haha. Cruefest 2 will be sick that sucks bout the rain too.