I've seriously been GASing for a Tele lately, but have no need for one at all. Ever get the urge to buy guitars you would never use?
Well, to be honest, I dont think theres a guitar I dont need!
Im fairly certain i can justify any guitar purchase i make, no wonder its such an expensive pursuit...
Constantly. My PGM is versatile enough that I don't really NEED another guitar...but that's hardly the point, is it?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Totally... I think when you start to play the guitar a natural part of it is wanting more gear...its like an addiction. outstanding :0)
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
I recently got a Strat, but now I want the Tele to complete the set. Lol...
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I live in a constant mind-frame of wanting guitars that I don't need.

Sure I want a Vigier Surfretter just to play Bumblefoot songs.. but I'd probably never use it otherwise.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I have the hugest urge to buy the stuff i want, but sadly, due to my age and my working status, i can't.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
a couple of weeks ago i was almost about to buy a fender strat 50's player but then i decided to save up some more money and try to get an american strat...
what does gas mean anyway? iv been seeing it a lot around here lately.

and yes i tend to do that with pedals and other stuff. did i realy need a $50+ mogami cable, no but it is nice lol
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
what does gas mean anyway? iv been seeing it a lot around here lately.

and yes i tend to do that with pedals and other stuff. did i realy need a $50+ mogami cable, no but it is nice lol

G-ear
A-cquisition
S-yndrome

Those are nice cables though. Pretty cheap too, next time go for the $200+ Lava Cables!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by FarewellMemory
Well, to be honest, I dont think theres a guitar I dont need!
Im fairly certain i can justify any guitar purchase i make, no wonder its such an expensive pursuit...

dude, thats the problem...we can justify like a thousand bucks we dont have in our minds...
i Have a problem choosing guitars that have good versatility, now that i only own 1 crap one.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by Doodleface
G-ear
A-cquisition
S-yndrome

Those are nice cables though. Pretty cheap too, next time go for the $200+ Lava Cables!

thanks for clearing that up.

damn $200 bucks, how long of a cable is it lol.

yeah the mogami is nice i notice a differance in sound somewhat but im still useing a few cheapy patch cables for pedals and a crap inst. cable for fx to amp. id like to get 3 more mogamis for pedal to amp and my fx loop. should be right around like a $150
I remember last month before I moved. I was GASing over some Epiphone LP(I THINK it was a custom job, I'd never seen anything like it).

Jet black, no pickguard, had an orange flame finish like some cars have, the tone/volume knobs were dice, so was the toggle switch.

The bridge and whammy looked like they were made out of car parts. I didn't check if it was a tremolo bridge though.
After playing a Duo Jet I knew that I must have a White Penguin. After playing a Gretsch Corvette, I knew that it must have bigsby vibrato. When I can finally afford it, the cycle will probably repeat. Thats why I have a tele right now!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
i just bought my ax-400, simply because my first guitar was an ax-50 and i wanted it back for sentimental value, but i wanted the better version....long story short...i bought it to hang on the wall.....but i do play it....i figure....

I could spend $1000 on a piece of art....or i could spend $1000 on a guitar that doubles as art
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I have always have an urge to buy a new instrument.
Or amp.

But my guitar works completely fine, my amp though...it needs that something.
It has a nice and clear sound, but there's some bi-sounds I'm not satisfied with, so I'm lending a parametric equalizer, if that doesn't work I simply do not know what to do.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Yes, However I have no money which makes the purchases difficult
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Yep... Been playing 3 months (squier strat) am am lusting after a hagstrom ultra swede...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
all the time. currently i want

~anotehr jackson, HSS would be nice
~a jem
~an LTD with a woodland camo finish
~an HSS strat with a jackson style neck and maple fingerboard
~an ibanez in 80s colors (hot pink+bright green pickups, maple fretboard, you know what im talking about)
~a creme strat with maple fingerboard and a mini coiltap humbucker in the bridge and neck
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
hell yes. i want to buy a classical acoustic and this ibanez semi-hollow. i don't really need them because i just bought an rr3,but it's an addiction =(
I want an Ibanez Destroyer so badly but I'm only 15, so I have no money for it, and I've only been playing for just over a year, so I don't really have enough experience for a guitar like that.

If I had £350 now though, I'd definately buy it!
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Yeah, I totally want a Telecaster and a Big Muff. Just to play Bloc Party and Smashing Pumpkins songs.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I thought my GAS was gone, but I bought a Guitarist magazine the other day and I now want every guitar, amp and pedal under the sun
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have an urge to buy a semi-hollow body guitar. I don't even understand them. I mean, I can figure out the whole point of it, but I have no experience with them whatsoever, I don't know when I would ever use one, but they look so damn good....

Yeah, I'm having a big problem with justifying the spending of money I don't have yet. I figure out all kinds of different mixes of guitar/pups/amp and I finally find one I like, start to figure out how I'm going to buy one, then realize I have no money. =( Woe is me.