i need help getting some ideas for a persuasive speech

right now im thinking of doing videogames and how it helps you in stuff like in learning and can be helpful to your health and stuff

but i think is going to be tough finding info on how it helps you usualy videogame articles are how violent it is why is bad for your mental health

it has to be 4-6 minutes my presentation
the main things it has to change or reinforce altitude beliefs
i have to cite 3 different sources to support point in argument

any ideas in how could i make this good? or maybe give me a new topic or do you have a spare persuasive speech already done? XD

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988

it has to be 4-6 minutes my presentation
the main things it has to change or reinforce altitude beliefs
i have to cite 3 different sources to support point in argument

any ideas in how could i make this good? or maybe give me a new topic or do you have a spare persuasive speech already done? XD

any help is appreciated

Choose something like guitar!

Write the word in the middle of a page and jot down anything that you can think about it like "Creativity" "Emotion" "Skill" and also try and view things from other peoples opinions like I dunno "It might annoy the neighbours"

But if you can state a negative, and then find a soloution i.e "The neighbours think it's too loud" to "I'll wear headphones" i think that might help for a persuasive speech
Guitar Hero - coordination
Mario - promotes eating vegetables to grow big and strong
Star Fox - ****ing rocks so make mention of it somehow
Tetris - spatial thinking
Zelda - problem solving skills
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Talk really loudly and call people idiots and refuse to answer them if they ask a question or even put their hand up.

Ask Meths.
Quote by Here_is_no_why

WoW - You can learn how to cook, tailor, enchant, jewelcraft, engineer, blacksmith, first aid, fish
Google, as generic as an answer. I did this as a debate topic ages ago. There is heaps of stuff out there if you look. Mention how video games have successfully used in some schools to motivate and encourage students to get fit and have been proven successful. You'll also have to recognise counter arguments and shoot them down. Such as video games lead to violence. Mention the ESRB rating system and how it is used to alert parents that some games are not appropriate and they should be responsible for letting their children play them. How a video game system is not a babysitter and it is infact the parents responsibility to pay attention to games their children are playing. And how most people are able to distinguish between video games and reality. Like Here_is_no_why said a lot of games encourage problem solving and coordination (especially the wii).
Last edited by forgottenboy at Jun 20, 2008,

thanks man those are really good examples
i played them all so i know from experienced XD and that mario example is pretty good for humor

You'll also have to recognise counter arguments and shoot them down. Such as video games lead to violence. Mention the ESRB rating system and how it is used to alert parents that some games are not appropriate and they should be responsible for letting their children play them. How a video game system is not a babysitter and it is infact the parents responsibility to pay attention to games their children are playing. And how most people are able to distinguish between video games and reality. Like Here_is_no_why said a lot of games encourage problem solving and coordination (especially the wii).

those are really good points man im going to google it
but the esrb and the wii is pretty good example since almost everybody sees that commercial of the wii fit

Choose something like guitar!

i wish i could but i already did a speech on guitar it was a demonstration in how to read tabs and how you could teach yourself

thanks for advice guys this going to help me alot i be back with more questions though but after i work on it a little more
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
im back again guys i forgot about my thing and now im doing it at the last second again

i need some help my teacher likes the organization this way but im having a tough time
making this thing in like 3 sections

this is an example
I. Hardware
A. Video cards
1. PCI<<<< this are just examples
2. AGP
3. PCI-Express

this is what im having a tough time with separating into sections like the above example

I.Health <<<<i called this section health but if you can call it something else it be fine
A.subtopic or something <<< need something to fill this thing
1.weight
2.stress
3.reflexes

now the other thing im going to talk about is skills but i need to separate it into 3 sections like the one above

any help guys be appreciated im kind of stuck on this
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
If you want something particularly challenging, try to persuade them that rape is good.

Or you could just do "climate change is bad" just like everyone else.
Do legalizing marijuana, it's so easy with alcohol and cigarrettes being legal to bring up decent points about health problems etc. Worked for me in College.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
use alliteration, startling facts, and alusions. theres a few others, you should look um up
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Do legalizing marijuana, it's so easy with alcohol and cigarrettes being legal to bring up decent points about health problems etc. Worked for me in College.

cant do those sadly since teacher doesnt want to hear topics that are covered over and over again

If you want something particularly challenging, try to persuade them that rape is good.

Or you could just do "climate change is bad" just like everyone else.

the class would grade me bad and my grade depends on class reaction alot and most of them are girls
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff