About a year ago I purchased a Fender fm212r amp because I really liked the clean sound when I played it in the store. It sounded the closest to a tube amp ive ever heard from a solid state so I bought it based off of that. When I tried out the stock distortion I was very disapointed with it and as time went on i bought a Boss ME50 multi effects peddle just to find out that it makes the stupid amp sound worse. Maybe im just horrible at Eq so does anyone have any suggestions of what setting i shuold use on this rig. I cant stand how it sounds any more it makes me wana gag
Man...Frontman is circa 300$ , and BOSS Me-50 is just under 300 bucks. For 600 $ you could buy NEW Peavey Classic 30 which is all-tube and has wonderful cleans and distortion. And is probably as loud as your Frontman.
yeah but it was at sperate times i regret it i should have jsut saved. My friend wanted to sell me his peavy windsor tube head and marshall cab for 400. Im thinking it wud be worth it.
that wouldn't be bad.
peavey windsors have great cleans and have good distortion if i remember correctly
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Save up for a bit, then sell the whole lot and get something new. Anything over $400 will buy you enough choice for a good quality gigging amp. The Peavey Windsor isn't bad as a rock amp, though you'll eventually want a new cab as for that price I imagine the one supplied is an MG 4x12 - which is cheap, low quality and loaded with crappy speakers.
Quote by B. Heath
that wouldn't be bad.
peavey windsors have great cleans and have good distortion if i remember correctly

Cleans are possible, but they aren't that great. The windsor wasn't meant for cleans.
It sounds good overdriven though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Cleans are possible, but they aren't that great. The windsor wasn't meant for cleans.
It sounds good overdriven though.

Pretty much how peavey operates in general.

Substantial weaknesses but astounding strengths.

EDIT: But seriously, I'd never suggest a frontman.