So I've been getting into some solos lately (no remorse, the four horsemen, etc.) and I downloaded the Domination tab from here yesterday, but the solo confuses me. There are two kinds of notes that I cant figure it out. The first kind is what look like 16th note triplets, but instead of a 3 over the bar, its a 6. My guess its just another way of writing a 16th note triplet at twice the tempo, but its a guess. The next kind is a what look likes 16th note but it has a 7 over it (and its grouped in 7), and I cant figure that out either.

I've stumbled across these before (like a 16th note with a 5 over it, etc.). So can someone explain to me how to play these notes or how to count them out with a metronome? If I can do that I'm set.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Fit six or seven into the beat, like you would fit 3 notes into the beat for a triplet.
Call me Batman.
Quote by z4twenny
^+1

these are sextuplets....... heh, i said sex.....

*GASP*

Would seven notes fit into one triplet be a sentupelet? Or was sextuplet referring to both the 5,6,7, etc.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Jun 20, 2008,
^Wiki says septuplet for 7. Sextuplet is just 6, quintuplet for 5.

TS, slow down the tab to get a better of idea of how it should sound. Domination helped me a lot when it came to learning to switch between differently grouped tuplets.
When I count them out, is there a certain way I should say them? (ex: 16th notes can be said as "1-e-and-a"). Or should I said strictly say "1-2-3-4-5-6-7".
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
The best thing to do is just slow down and play along with the tab. Have the metronome going in the background so you get used to the feel.
Quote by guitarist792
When I count them out, is there a certain way I should say them? (ex: 16th notes can be said as "1-e-and-a"). Or should I said strictly say "1-2-3-4-5-6-7".

Well, because seven has two syllables, that means you're just counting 8s.

1-2-3-4-5-6-sev