im looking for my next amp to start saving up for... this is what i need
-nice cleans
-reverb
-tube
-under 650USD
-i want to create an o.a.r. sound with it
...i will probaly be getting a tele for some single coil twang with it. also can i just put an od infront of it and expect to play some higher gain stuff because i really dont care if the amp itself has a good disortion.
the od im thinking about is visual sounds doulble trouble.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Usually tube amps will have 2 channels, a clean and lead and your lead will have a nice crunch and more overdrive the higher you crank it so its gonna sound good but you will need a pedal for higher gain stuff at lower volume.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
i like the fender there a little more then the vox but its heading out of my price range.
how much louder is the fender u sugested going to get over the vox.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
The Fender will be quite loud.

40 tube watts is more than you could need for almost any situation (unless you're playing arenas...).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by gstacey1
i like the fender there a little more then the vox but its heading out of my price range.

Not really, they will deal on them to your range, (most music shops that is not MF) just be polite with the sales people and persistent. I see them used for $450-$525 if you would consider used.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i hope i can get one used but i doubt that there will be one at my gc.
also can any1 recommend a few overdrive pedals
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Slaytanic1993
The Fender will be quite loud.

40 tube watts is more than you could need for almost any situation (unless you're playing arenas...).

would this mean the vox would be better for like every day playing because its able to be turned up louder?
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Hmm...

Maxon OD9
Fulltone OCD
Bad Monkey
Big Muff (I think...?)

^ No, I'm saying that If you are ever in a gig situation, then you can use the Fender no problem. Oh, and it should be fine for home playing as well, as long as you keep it below the 5 marker on the volume knob.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Are you in the US or overseas? If you are in the US, there are plenty of Fender amps used. (Hold the applause Fender haters). You can find everything from the Blues Deluxe to some vintage Fender amps in your range if you are patient. Good luck.

Slaytanic listed some good pedals. Add a Proco Rat to the list.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

^ No, I'm saying that If you are ever in a gig situation, then you can use the Fender no problem. Oh, and it should be fine for home playing as well, as long as you keep it below the 5 marker on the volume knob.

oh ok but ive heard a few people say u get your real tube sound when its turned up louder. and yah im in the US. also can u recomend some traynor amps ive heard a few ugers say they were pretty good.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Traynor YCV50Blue
Traynor YCV40

The first can get a good Marshall crunch, and can get a moderately decent modern hard rock tone, and the second can get good crunch and has great cleans as well.

Both are in the $500 margin, I believe.

And, yes the best tube sound is cranked. But, cranked doesn't mean 10. You can get solid, great sound around the 2 or 3 marker.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by gregs1020
I would second the Traynors. Just missed on a YCV40 for $425... Damn it...

I'm saving up for a 5150, and checked up on eBay and one was going (with footswitch and 6L6's) for $440.

I almost cried.

Quote by eggsandham2
traynors are looking to be a possiblity but does gc carry them?
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Hmm...

I dunno. I don't go to GC

You could always check the website anyways.

Quote by eggsandham2
They are on the web site but what stores carry varies by store. Some will have them, some won't. Phone first?
theres also a used fender vibrochamp at my gc from the picture ive seen it looks likes it in good condition. can any1 give info on this amp. its priced at 450usd
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube