i've had my valveking for a little over a year, and now when i play on either channel, theres a fuzzy, crackling kind of sound with whatever i play.. does anyone know what this could be?
need of new tubes possibly?
Last edited by JOEYPWNSU at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
i've had my valveking for a little over a year, and now when i play on either channel, theres a fuzzy, crackling kind of sound with whatever i play.. does anyone know what this could be?
need of new tubes possibly?

I had the same problem and when I inspected the tubes one was cracked, so I replaced them and obviously the problem is now solved, although I do get a small amount of background noise when the amp is cranked on the gain channel.
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
I had the same problem and when I inspected the tubes one was cracked, so I replaced them and obviously the problem is now solved, although I do get a small amount of background noise when the amp is cranked on the gain channel.

hmm, im gonna go take a look at the tubes... if that is the problem, is it easy to replace tubes, or is it something that i can really **** up my amp in doing so if i tried?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I worried about the same thing, people said you need to get them biased but apparently not if you replace like for like, ie 6L6 for 6L6's. It's real easy, just remove the guard and pull out the tubes, and you can't go wrong fitting the new ones since there is a groove that means they can only go in one way. Of course I managed to **** that up, but I got there in the end.
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
I worried about the same thing, people said you need to get them biased but apparently not if you replace like for like, ie 6L6 for 6L6's. It's real easy, just remove the guard and pull out the tubes, and you can't go wrong fitting the new ones since there is a groove that means they can only go in one way. Of course I managed to **** that up, but I got there in the end.

alright, thanks alot.. any any chance you know how much new tubes would cost?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I got mine off ebay for roughly £30 so about $50, which were JJ Tesla's.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨