I'm a fan of steve vai sound! I just bough a peavey classic 30 and I use a godin freeway taht I modified. Now, how the hell can i get his sound?? any distortion pedal, compressor? I don't have any pedal at the moment. I also wonder if the pr250 from digitech is a good wah/whammy pedal and chorus effects pedal. But my biggest question at the moment: vai sound!!!!!!
with the rp250 you can have the fx but not the sound of the fx he uses, you can come close though, just verry generic. ibanez is going to be/or already has released his sig distortion pedal, lookes like a boss duel pedal with his swirl paint job on it. he also uses a keely modded boss ds1 that he uses with a fender twin verb i belive.

bottom line, you can come close but you will never be dead on his sound.
carvin legacy....ibanez jem, dimarzio breed, evos, modded ts, modded ds-1, tc electronic, Morley wah....welcome now im just rambling

you might want to wait for the new Ibanez Jemeni to come out...
Quote by Ghold125
carvin legacy....ibanez jem, dimarzio breed, evos, modded ts, modded ds-1, tc electronic, Morley wah....welcome now im just rambling

Listen to this guy, he speaks the truth.
Quote by Ghold125

It's not all really necessary. I can get really close to his sound with my Jackson, Carvin Legacy, Boss GE-7 used as an overdrive, and Ibanez delay. Oh, and the right settings.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
you don't need his exact gear to get close.

with that setup, i'd run an overdrive or not-too-heavy distortion pedal (e.g. boss ds1, as vai's tone is pretty trebly) as a boost over the overdrive channel of the peavey. dial in quite a bit of treble too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?