Well , I'm looking for good, versatile distortion pedal under $200.

It has to be versatile, yet lean towards metal and be good for metal.

I've been told Krank Distortus Maximus, but I don't know.

They're are just a lot to choose from, metal muff, metal master, metal zone, heh..

I play mostly thrash metal but I need versatility
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Try the twin dist. from boss, loads of types in a twin pedal, OS-20 or Od-20 I think, look it up anyway.
Quote by aaciseric
Try the twin dist. from boss, loads of types in a twin pedal, OS-20 or Od-20 I think, look it up anyway.

looks confoozin
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
the ME-20 is perfect for metal i found
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
I bought a danelectro fab metal pedal. its only 15 buxx but it is really easy toget awesome tones out of it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Rizzo228
the ME-20 is perfect for metal i found

looks even more confoozin
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
try the visual sound jackell hyde pedal as it has versatility and does metal

jackell and hyde is a great idea
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
confoozin?
my word what a ridiculous 'txt speak' word. You're not even shortening the word to save yourself the effort of typign a whole word!

Argh...Anyway, metal muff or Rocktron Silver Dragon imo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
confoozin?
my word what a ridiculous 'txt speak' word. You're not even shortening the word to save yourself the effort of typign a whole word!

Argh...Anyway, metal muff or Rocktron Silver Dragon imo

ya because I'm not lazy I just felt like misspelling confusing sir
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by itgoesto11
I bought a danelectro fab metal pedal. its only 15 buxx but it is really easy toget awesome tones out of it.

he has around $200. why would he buy that?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
AMT DT-2. I got one and can get any tone I can think of really. It's got 3 different circuits (amps), and each has 3 "channels" (a switch for clean, high gain, and hot-wired). The 3 amps are California (mesa like), British (marshall), and Tweed (fender). Also, there is a "mic" switch that lets you shape the sound more by choosing a "mic position". Theres classic, center, and off axis. Plus the pedal has a built in cabinet emulator that sends a line level signal so you can plug the pedal directly in to a mixer/computer/recorder/poweramp and use it as a preamp.

Here's a link to the pedal with some sound clips.
http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=RVwq4wAA1213980615&command=link--amtd
Price is $145.

Also, I did a DI recording of it to demonstrate it's cab-emulator. The clip is available on my profile page.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
AMT DT-2. I got one and can get any tone I can think of really. It's got 3 different circuits (amps), and each has 3 "channels" (a switch for clean, high gain, and hot-wired). The 3 amps are California (mesa like), British (marshall), and Tweed (fender). Also, there is a "mic" switch that lets you shape the sound more by choosing a "mic position". Theres classic, center, and off axis. Plus the pedal has a built in cabinet emulator that sends a line level signal so you can plug the pedal directly in to a mixer/computer/recorder/poweramp and use it as a preamp.

Here's a link to the pedal with some sound clips.
http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=RVwq4wAA1213980615&command=link--amtd
Price is $145.

Also, I did a DI recording of it to demonstrate it's cab-emulator. The clip is available on my profile page.

guitar center doesn't have it, and I'd rather not buy stuff off the internet . I'm looking for stuff guitar center has because I'm going there saturday.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I've heard good things about the Jekyll and Hyde pedal as well. Don't worry about complexity of the pedals, you'll learn even the most intricate ones in a matter of days. Complication is a good thing, it means there is alot of opportunity for depth and variety from the pedal.

I have also heard good things about the rocktron silver dragon and the Metal Muff
Quote by aeliustehman
guitar center doesn't have it, and I'd rather not buy stuff off the internet . I'm looking for stuff guitar center has because I'm going there saturday.

Then just test them out when your there... Doesnt matter what we say its what you like tone wise...