im pretty new to actually doing recording. i have a digitech rp150 that i record through my iBook into garageband. but theres one problem. it always sounds very echoey and far away. idk whats wrong but something just isnt working out...what am i doing wrong?

should i be doing something differently by ditching the rp150 and getting a better recording interface???

all help is greatly appreciated!
sounds like you are not turning up the levels enough and it could be re-recording the playback making the echo...
Try some different setting changes in Garage Band.

A better interface will probably give more features and better recordings but it's up to you if you need that.

set a budget and know what you want to record both now and later down the road. Pick an interface to fit your needs.
sorry but, i have no experience with garageband. But my freind does and he uses a lexicon omega interface which you could get for about £80 gbp, cheaper on ebay probably.
Nathy
Quote by Twisted Wishes
sorry but, i have no experience with garageband. But my freind does and he uses a lexicon omega interface which you could get for about £80 gbp, cheaper on ebay probably.

Getting a better interface wont nessicerily fix your problem, it could be an internal problem. How are you connecting the RP to the computer? If its just a 1/4 to 1/8 inch connecter into the mic in, try bypassing the pedal and going straight into the mic in and see what happens, you wont get a good signal but it should determine whether its the computer, connection to the computer, or the pedal. Which ever it is im sure its fixable.
Quote by f*ck 0ff
Getting a better interface wont nessicerily fix your problem, it could be an internal problem. How are you connecting the RP to the computer? If its just a 1/4 to 1/8 inch connecter into the mic in, try bypassing the pedal and going straight into the mic in and see what happens, you wont get a good signal but it should determine whether its the computer, connection to the computer, or the pedal. Which ever it is im sure its fixable.

im probly doing it wrong, but im running my guitar into the pedal, and then the USB to the computer and my amp is acting as the monitor. i think after further investigation i need to put my amp facing my computer to avoid some echo cause thats the biggest problem
hmm, well yeah i was probably rong xD but ive never ran into this problem.
hope u get it sorted soon tho (Y)
Nathy
Quote by AJS19
im probly doing it wrong, but im running my guitar into the pedal, and then the USB to the computer and my amp is acting as the monitor. i think after further investigation i need to put my amp facing my computer to avoid some echo cause thats the biggest problem

yeah try plugging headphones or computer speakers into the out of the computer and see if you get the same problem, its not a common thing to us your amp as a monitor, I don't really see a reason why you would want to do that unless you didnt have speakers or headphones.