So last night I saw Soilent Green, Chimaira and of course Dethklok.

And of course, my ears are still ringing like crazy. The weird thing is though that when I left the venue with my two friends they said they didn't really have any ringing, just a feeling of fullness in their ears. And even weirder, once we were on the road leaving Ohio, one of them said his ears were completely fine!

This is the next day and my ears still feel very weird. My question is, why do my friends ears seem to not get as messed as mine and then 'repair' themselves so much quicker than mine?

Is it just because everyones ears are different and mine are super sensitive?

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
More gigs you go to I find the quicker my ears stop ringing. I barely find my ears still ring by the time I'm home or in the morning.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
even if you are permanently deafened by the concert, you can't sue Dethklok. Pain waiver, remember?
you'll be fine tomorrow, most likely.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Mine don't ring at all, I guess I'm just used to it. How was the show? I might go see them tonight if all goes well.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
to let your ears work properly, they need to rest after every hour of loud music. so if you go to a gog, you would need a couple of days to recupirate. but that's just eardoctor-talk, there's no-one who will stick to that... it's true tough..

W
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
your ears ring because you are never going to get those pitches back
your friends have already lost those high notes

if they are still ringing in a few days then u have a problem
but the day after my ears usually are still ringing
Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure my friends weren't lying about their ears but oh well.

The more important matter: the show was ****ing amazing. Seriously, I REALLY enjoyed and I suggest it to anyone if you ever get the chance. ;]

Quote by ms_tickley
your ears ring because you are never going to get those pitches back
your friends have already lost those high notes

if they are still ringing in a few days then u have a problem
but the day after my ears usually are still ringing

i thought it meant the tiny, microscopic hairs in your ears that allow you to hear are dying, therefore you can't hear higher frequencies?
If you go to Too many gigs, i find that the ringing stays longer, I had a scare after Finntroll last summer, my ears rang for 3 days, i thought i had damaged my hearing. Now, a year later, I HAVE indeed damaged my hearing, i have Tinnitus in my right ear, it's not that bad, i can deal with it, and i have that mentality that's like "It's ringing in my ear... it's not gunna kill me, so what?" so I just wear earplugs to concerts now, I'm going to see an Audiologist soon to get some musicians earplugs (you can still hear as if you weren't wearing earplugs, they only dampen the sound, not distort it) they're expensive, but a good investment for anyone that goes to as many shows as I do. Btw I'm going to see Dethklok tonight and I'm bringing my earplugs, I suggest you do the same for any gigs you go to, seeing as permanent hearing damage can occour between 80 - 100 dBs, and your average metal gig is 120+ dBs.

P.S. sorry to anyone who broke their face on that wall of text of bad gammar and spelling mistakes.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
The funny thing is I brought earplugs and wore them all the way up to Dethklok, but then of course it got crazy and one of them popped out so I figured "The hell with it.." and threw the other one out since it was a lost cause at that point.

I tried. :[

Once I come into some money my goal is to buy some really nice ear plugs.

Quote by strat335
i thought it meant the tiny, microscopic hairs in your ears that allow you to hear are dying, therefore you can't hear higher frequencies?

Really? You will never here those frequencies ever again?
Gahhh! My ears are ringing now too. Great show though
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
How did Dethklok perform? Did they just have a band of people come up and perform the songs?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
How did Dethklok perform? Did they just have a band of people come up and perform the songs?

I would imagine in a similar fashion to the Gorillaz.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I had ear ringing for like a month after this crappy school carnival thing i went to. It sucked, especially since most of the music was crappy.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Really? You will never here those frequencies ever again?

That's what I've heard. You have heard about those cell phones that ring/vibrate at such high frequencies that the older teachers in school can't hear them? I saw that on the news a while ago. It's kinda scary to think about (losing your hearing) because my ears are my prize possession (besides my fingers of course)
dont worry your ears will eventually come back to normal but obviously youve lost a small amount of hearing. people probably have different reactions towards these kinds of ear damages. and btw your ears never repair themselves. small cones inside your ears get flattened and destroyed when damage occurs and there no way to regain that ability after wards. your ears and your brain just gets used to hearing slightly worse than before.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

They have a touring band made up of various artists and they perform the songs. In between songs though they had little cartoons with the characters from the show and what not.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
You actually may not have lost any of your hearing, to tell you the truth. If the damage wasn't that bad, the small hairs can completely repair themselves, but I doubt it, considering you were at a concert.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Hey! Sweet! I saw those three last night! Dethklok!!!!!!!! I don't know if Chimaira and Soilent Green are touring with them or not... Where do you live? I'm in Toronto.

Yeah, the creator of the show/writer of the songs, Brendon Small is the lead singer and lead guitarist and he plays with a band while these crazy dethklok metalocalypse videos play to the songs. I've never been to a metal show, but I spent the whole night in the pit. It was crazy intense. Brutal even.
I live in Brampton. I was in the pit during Soilent Green and most of Chimaira, but during Dethklok I got pushed towards the right side and then a mini pit started there and I got thrown in. Fun times.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by strat335

That 'EEEEEE' sound youre hearing are the hairs swan song. Burning out if you will.

Lol dont fret thoes high freq's are uselessly high, no one's going to miss them haha.

Hearing gets worse from the minute you leave the womb, nothing to worry about.
My ears are ringing too. I went to a concert last night.

+1 on getting good ear plugs
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥