Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Haven't read the book (don't think many people here have), heard it was nearly indecpiherable though. Movie was great....
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Book was better.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
I thought the book was amazing, the movie...not so much. Kubrick films can be good (Full Metal Jacket) but I really didn't like A Clockwork Orange. Mainly because it didn't have the actual ending of the novel, it only went up to the abridged ending. And I thought the whole message of the story was ruined irreperably without the inclusion of the final chapter, therefore I couldn't stand the movie.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by linus.d
haven't seen/read it.... good?

great very dark and very violent deals alot with what it means to be a human

teh challenge/fun part of reading it is that it heavily uses nadsat which is a slang based of russian

teh movie was directed by stanley kubrick i haven't seen it yet though
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Rancid_Punk
I thought the book was amazing, the movie...not so much. Kubrick films can be good (Full Metal Jacket) but I really didn't like A Clockwork Orange. Mainly because it didn't have the actual ending of the novel, it only went up to the abridged ending. And I thought the whole message of the story was ruined irreperably without the inclusion of the final chapter, therefore I couldn't stand the movie.

it should be noted that that s not kubricks fault as the last chapter was left out of the american version so its the fault of burgess's publisher
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
I liked the book, my edition doesn't have a glossary but it's pretty easy to pick up what's being talked about from context and usage, it did have the last chapter though.

I really liked the movie too, I'd say I like both equally.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
love both pretty equally.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
They're both amazing. I preferred the book to the film though. Using a glossary kind of ruins it, IMO.
The movie is supposed to be the way it is. I don't think Kubrick wanted Alex to be redeemable. Makes it more screwed up and it makes it's own kind of statement.

Here's what he had to say about it:

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.aco.html

The end of A Clockwork Orange is different from the one in the Burgess book.

There are two different versions of the novel. One has an extra chapter. I had not read this version until I had virtually finished the screenplay. This extra chapter depicts the rehabilitation of Alex. But it is, as far as I am concerned, unconvincing and inconsistent with the style and intent of the book. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the publisher had somehow prevailed upon Burgess to tack on the extra chapter against his better judgment, so the book would end on a more positive note. I certainly never gave any serious consideration to using it.

Kubrick is wrong about Burgess tacking on the last chapter - in fact the chapter was removed for the american release of the book.
Quote by Skin the Sun
Haven't read the book (don't think many people here have), heard it was nearly indecpiherable though. Movie was great....

The book is written in a slang (Nadsat) created by the author. If you had trouble deciphering the book, you probably need to work on your context clue reading abilities. It doesn't take long to pick up the slang.

The book is much better than the movie imo, for obvious reasons. The movie is good though. And yes, Kubrick was dead wrong. The chapter was not tacked on...it was removed. The author wanted that last chapter but the publisher wanted a more downer, dystopian ending.

EDIT: My edition doesn't have a glossary and still I was able to pick up the slang relatively quickly. You aren't trying hard enough if you can't read it, honestly.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Burgess hated the film apparently. When it was realeased and all the copy-cat crimes occured, Kubrick left Burgess to defend the film.
Book. Book. Book. The movie didn't have the ending that Burgess wrote for it, and in the filming, Burgess and Kubrick butted heads quite a bit. Burgess hated the film, and Kubrick had it banned because he was scared of being a target of droogie-esque crimes.
But the movie did have some really cool aspects, the scenery and the costumes were really interesting, and it was amazingly creepy when Kubrick had "Alex" sing "Singing in the Rain" because he thought the scene called for some nonchalant singing.

Quote by barb3rman
The book is written in a slang (Nadsat) created by the author. If you had trouble deciphering the book, you probably need to work on your context clue reading abilities. It doesn't take long to pick up the slang.

The book is much better than the movie imo, for obvious reasons. The movie is good though. And yes, Kubrick was dead wrong. The chapter was not tacked on...it was removed. The author wanted that last chapter but the publisher wanted a more downer, dystopian ending.

EDIT: My edition doesn't have a glossary and still I was able to pick up the slang relatively quickly. You aren't trying hard enough if you can't read it, honestly.

+1
I love Nadsat, my friend and I use it when we don't want people to know what the f*ck we're talking about.
Pretty useful stuff.
i talk in nadsat to random people sometimes...

and the book was way better.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
The movie was great to watch, but the book was better:

Book spoiler:
at the end it actually implied that Alex had changed his ways on his own proving that the interference by the government was unneccesary, but in the movie he just proved them right.

Edit: There are other people who share my views, that makes me happy.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Both are awesome.

I really like the 21st chapter of the book not included in the US version, and like how theres more stuff going on in the book (there always is), but I really think I like the movie a bit better (I'm a huge Kubrick fan too, so maybe some bias).

Anyways, I just voted 'Both' on the poll as I see the book and the movie as very different artistic creations, regardless of the same name and premise.
Okay, so I've always liked watching movies more then reading books. But i chose reading the book because, especially before i started inhaling fumes that contains THC, I always liked the story of the book better because there was more detail and nothing was left out. But the movies were always great, but lacked the same substance that books had, and would always leave **** out. So this was a very tricky question, and i commend whoever made this poll
I liked the book better, more details and the better ending. The Nadsat isn't so hard to understand once you get the hang of it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.