I've been a regular guitar player for 6 months and I'd like to get into bass playing. My first guitar was a rondo music agile les paul, and I really love it compared to all the epiphones i've tried. I'm looking to get a working bass with all the accessories (case or bag strap stand amp) but I am trying to spend as little as possible. I'd just like a bass with a smooth neck and a body that feels solid and stays in tune. So i was thinking, instead of that 300 dollar squier p bass pack at guitar center, I would go with these two

http://www.rondomusic.com/spb623ts.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1431.html

and then spend at least a hundred bucks on getting a nice amp? Since the amp really makes the sound.

Would anyone advice against this? I'm just trying to become a bass player for the cheapest amount possible. I'm looking at getting a new hard case for my acoustic, so I could try and bargain at GC for the pack. Which option would you recommend?
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
My only advice is try it out at your local music store before you buy it online. That way you know if it's a piece of **** or not. You know if you like it or not. Also, that way you can check out Bass amps at the same time.
That's the cheapest Alder body/maple neck bass I've ever seen
check out craigslist, they have a bunch of really good used equipment that would be higher quality and lesser priced because it used, but it would be perfect for you
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
i would get that SX bass or some kind of squier. then spend atleast $200 on an amp.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I gotta say that neck looks AWFUL
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 81TW/89
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat with Gibson P/Us
Line 6 Spider III half stack
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP50
yeah, that bass really doesn't look that good. i woud check out ebay.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Why does the neck look awful? I'd rather not buy used even if it's cheaper and nicer, because I just don't trust people with something as fragile as a guitar, could break as soon as I got it home kind of thing. The amp I would buy used though. Please comment on the sx bass.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
I played an SX bass in person (how many of you have actually done that?) and I can't comment on the sound, because I didn't plug it in, but the neck was very comfortable. A think glossy finish, just how I like it. I've heard horrible things about the guts, though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite