do you reckon it'd work?

telecasters, ive found, seem to have quite a wide range for what you can play nicely on them but do you think it'd be possible to play black metal on one?
i didn't really feel like playing dissonant, heavily distorted tremelo picked riffs in the shop
Quote by Black-Metal
do you reckon it'd work?

telecasters, ive found, seem to have quite a wide range for what you can play nicely on them but do you think it'd be possible to play black metal on one?
i didn't really feel like playing dissonant, heavily distorted tremelo picked riffs in the shop

I'm sure jim root's tele would be able to do it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
MAybe.

I mean Tele's have a twangy sound you could probably get away with it.

Try it and if you like it, do it.

I want to hear jangly, twangy Black Metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Yes it could, but you'd have to mod it so much it'd barely be a Telecaster at all by the time you were done with it.
i think you could, quite easily.. if you cant get the right tone out of the pickups though, you could alway stick a humbucker on it and maybe get a effects pedal and play with your amp settings.
depending on what type of black metal tone you want you could do it without modding the tele at all, a lot of old school black metal has harsh, shrill guitar tones, which is exactly what running a stock tele into a high gain amp would give you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
get a tele with humbuckers. then replace the pickups with really hot ones. you might be able to do this with the tele i have, a Fender Custom Telecaster FMT. check it out.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I bet that you could pull it off with any guitar.
If you gonna be playing the low audio quality stuff.
Otherwise get a guitar with humbuckers.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depending on what type of black metal tone you want you could do it without modding the tele at all, a lot of old school black metal has harsh, shrill guitar tones, which is exactly what running a stock tele into a high gain amp would give you.

This.

By his avatar, I'm assuming he wants very dirty tone with plenty of feedback, guess what single-coils give you?

Yummy feedback for BM.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

thats what i was thinking.
thanks guys