Hey guys i have my interview for college next wednesday ...
and im tryna learn a variety of shizz for it ...
Got some funky stuff like distance etc
ive learned hysteria by muse .. obv
and im almost done learning day of the baphomets by mars volta which someone kindly suggested *hi 5*
but i need some i dunno "short but sweet" yet cool and impressive soundin twiddles that i can fit in ... any ideas ?
i dont play bass, but the intro the "tire me" by rage against the machine is really cool, also the intro to "i'm housin" but thats really easy.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Try something by The Jam (Y)
Start has a good bassline, and it sounds kool if you slap it abit.
learn some blues stuff to show you have some knowledge of roots
and good luck
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
The Stone Cold Bush bass solo is pretty short and impressive.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
time is running out by muse ?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
time is running out by muse ?

He can't really play more than one Muse song, and I think something fairly simple yet complex sounding would be good, can't think of a song to hand at the moment. What about some slap stuff?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Mabye improvise a short solo or something even if it doesnt take as much skill it will probobly give better imperssion then just playing a load of random metal lines.
happy birthday.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Battle Song - Ensiferum if you have a six string
Unquestionable Presence - Atheist
Quote by anarkee
Watch the spam content in serious threads...

Whenever I post that, I'm dead serious. Whenever I need to impress someone, I use that basic tune, throw in some fills and pedal wanging and I get laughs and props. It stands out, and if done tastefully and musically, will impress people. Even musicians.

If my recording equipment at home wasn't so bad, I'd have recorded it by now.

I am in no way trying to spam. However, if you deem it spam still, I will delete both this and that post.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
Whenever I post that, I'm dead serious. Whenever I need to impress someone, I use that basic tune, throw in some fills and pedal wanging and I get laughs and props. It stands out, and if done tastefully and musically, will impress people. Even musicians.

If my recording equipment at home wasn't so bad, I'd have recorded it by now.

I am in no way trying to spam. However, if you deem it spam still, I will delete both this and that post.

This actually sounds like a good idea . I really don't think going in there and playing metal would go down so well. I'm quite a metal fan myself but if I was doing an interviewing people and someone came in and started blasting out loads of metal riffs it wouldn't give me a very good impression. Am I the only one who thinks this?
Quote by Ripper_66
This actually sounds like a good idea . I really don't think going in there and playing metal would go down so well. I'm quite a metal fan myself but if I was doing an interviewing people and someone came in and started blasting out loads of metal riffs it wouldn't give me a very good impression. Am I the only one who thinks this?

that's why I do this. the only song you could get anyone to recognize without the possibility of them hating it would be Happy Birthday. And, it will remind them of the funnest part of childhood, where everyone gave them cool stuff and they had parties with all their friends. they will connect you to that, subconsciously, as opposed to unconsciously connecting you to puking on their girlfriend at a Motorhead concert.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard