so, peoples of the damnable other forum, i have a theory.

ive recently been learning bluegrass guitar, and it feels kind of like rockabilly to me.
and as i delve further into rockabilly and punk, i realize that all punk is, is dumbed down rockabilly thats faster. right? so if bluegrass is almost like rockabilly, and punk is almost like rockabilly, then bluegrass is the godfather of some hardcore musics!

whos with me? is this drivel? oh well, maybe im alone on this one.

P O E~~
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
so confused....

but I see your logic.

When you look at the big pic though it doesn't make sense lol.
haha thats funny but yeah I gotcha
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 81TW/89
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat with Gibson P/Us
Line 6 Spider III half stack
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP50
I'm with you in seein your argument, but I disagree. The reason is cuz Punk (not the **** some morons today call Punk, e.i. Green Day) was started as a political movement back in the late '70s.
Seems to make sense to me...just like the Who are forefathers for metal...music is all bred form the same cutting stone, we just interpret it differently.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Heat-13
its all derived from good ol rock'n'roll which in turn came from blues

Your half right.

It came from Blues & Country being fused by Elvis. Then, other people took it a step further.
Hell no, rockabilly is ****ty crap thats a rip off of rock n roll, and no punk isnt from rockabilly, its from rock n roll, and is a political movement then and now.
even if what you say is true im going to have to disagree

i mean, just because dimebag darrell is my main inspiration doesn't mean ace frehley (dime's main inspiration) inspires me at all
Quote by guitarheroII
Hell no, rockabilly is ****ty crap thats a rip off of rock n roll, and no punk isnt from rockabilly, its from rock n roll, and is a political movement then and now.

excuse me? they called it rockabilly long before rock n roll came into the picture.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
excuse me? they called it rockabilly long before rock n roll came into the picture.

Word. The guy with the Jerry Lee Lewis avatar would know, too.
How was punk a political movement?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Heat-13
its all derived from good ol rock'n'roll which in turn came from blues

Rockabilly comes from country and bluegrass and just incorporates elements of rock and roll. And the earliest forms of country and bluegrass do not derive from blues by any stretch of the imagination, it all comes from old babtist hymns written a hundred years before blues was even thought about.