is it possible to buy a high-end Fender amp, and pedals, and actually sound extremely awesome for metal? because i, for one, think that it would be awesome to find out that your favorite metal band uses Fender amps. i'd be like...ha...hahaaha awesome

but seriously though, is it possible to sound great with that equipment?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
great? not as great as amps with the circuitry for typical metal tone.

it could still sound passable though, especially with the more expensive dist pedals.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
with a good distortion pedal it will sound good. maybe not the most awesome sound ever, but it wont suck. if you used it on a recording and did a little post-recording magic, it would sound good and then all the fender-haters would cry. lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well, you could.

Maxon OD9 + Twin Reverb might sound pretty dashing.

MXR ZWOD + Twin Reverb would also sound pretty handsome.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i think you could get a pretty cool tone from it, i mean it would be a pretty unique metal tone too.
It could be possible with the Fender Supersonic. That thing gets some mean overdrive for a fender amp.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Metallist65
Um...no. *Cough* Don't continue to commit sacrilage. Jeese, get a real tube amp.

Fenders aren't real tube amps, since when?

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I remember my first tube amp, a fender 2x12 hot rodded deville. Awesome clean, gain channel was horrible. Eventually I got a metal muff, loved the pedal... but it just never sounded right. Never did like it, just my opinion. Sounds great on my b-52 though.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I once auditioned for a death metal band using my Tiny Terror. The guys were like "dude, you said you were going to bring your amp", but when I cranked and boosted it, you had to see their faces.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
lol tiny terror are awesome. i'm planning on getting one if i'm not getting that rocker 30 or rockerverb this summer
Your basically just going to have a warmer sounding pedal and will sound nothing like tube distortion. If you like that tone then sure go for it.. But if your looking for tube tone by using a distortion pedal its not gonna happen...
Maybe not DEATH metal, but the older Pro Sonic I tried recently got pretty close to early Metal tones. Hard rock, classic rock, sure. It's all a matter of preference though.
Fender's EVH5150III... haha, I kid, I kid.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
It might be able to do it, but like people have been saying, it will sound off since the traditional metal sound has been well established to sound like marshalls, peaveys and the like.
You could do it, but why would you?

I know that some metal bands use Fender amps, but like, they'll use an A/B box, so they use the Fender for the cleans and something else for the distortion.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
You could do it, but why would you?

i personally would like to try it in guitar center but i wouldn't buy a fender amp to do it. i just was wondering because it would be kinda cool to push an amp with the reputation that fender has to try and hit peavey or mesa territory with it.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
^^Not exactly metal, but Mark Tremonti does that with a Twin Reverb and a Mark IV.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by bjovi400
i personally would like to try it in guitar center but i wouldn't buy a fender amp to do it. i just was wondering because it would be kinda cool to push an amp with the reputation that fender has to try and hit peavey or mesa territory with it.

Its already been done... Its called a EVH 5150III

Also alot of people forget that the speakers in a Fender amps aren't exactly designed for metal... So that is another road block...
Quote by bjovi400

Yeah, I get you mate.

Actually, I do the same. I really enjoy playing metal with my Telecaster, so I guess that's doin the same thing but approaching it from a different angle.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

I used to gig with a '79 Marshall 100W head re-amped into a '73 Fender Dual Showman. Had ultra-rich lead tone w/ reverb , sounded awesome just recording live (hanging a mic in the room), but didn't cut through well when other guitar players sat in with us. On its own, it was great, though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
I used to gig with a '79 Marshall 100W head re-amped into a '73 Fender Dual Showman. Had ultra-rich lead tone w/ reverb , sounded awesome just recording live (hanging a mic in the room), but didn't cut through well when other guitar players sat in with us. On its own, it was great, though.

May I inquire as to why that's "used to"?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

fender amps have solid state rectifiers though, so they arent truely all tube
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
no one counts rectifiers in wether an amp is tube or not, its pendantically silly
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Distortion pedal =

Any way you look at it.....

LMAO.

I'd look at fender supersonics.
Definitely the most versatile fender i've ever played.
It has those famous fender cleans, and packs a good amount of gain when need be.
They're not super expensive either.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Kurapica
May I inquire as to why that's "used to"?

That was the best non-generic tone I could get at the time (that was early '79-'81). I wanted a Marshall-type of sound, but with thick Fender style reverb. The only reverbs available were outrageously expensive (even the original Fender tank units were very costly). But as I said also, as rich & smooth as the sound was, it wasn't "live" or cutting enough for me, esp after jamming w/ a guy who had some killer Orange amp (I don't remember which one ). Now I get a MUCH more live version of that tone using my Mojave Scorpion re-amped into a Crate Power Block, but even that doesn't cut through like my SLO does. Running the Scorpion straight cuts like hell, but it's also ridiculously loud. Too loud for anything but an arena gig.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
One of the guitarists from devil wears prada uses a fender strat but I don't think its stock. And there other guitarist uses a stock gibson sg live. But both their amps are dual rectifiers.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by Green_Jelly
I once auditioned for a death metal band using my Tiny Terror. The guys were like "dude, you said you were going to bring your amp", but when I cranked and boosted it, you had to see their faces.

they were probably whispering amongst themselves...

"Jeez, this guy must really suck..looks like he's trying to win us over by making toast!"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com