I just bought a new pack of strings, strung up my guitar and everything when I just noticed:

They gave me two A strings.

Yup, I now have an A string where my D string should have been. I was afraid it was gonna snap at first, but it's good now. Only thing is it's really hard to vibrato with it so tensed up...anyways, you guys think anything bad'll happen?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

, just get new strings, when i first broke a string i **** myself, my mate broke a bass string, how the hell do you do that?
It should be fine, it'll just be like a different gauge. It'll feel weird, but it won't cause problems.

EDIT: That was a bit rushed, sorry. Because the difference in thickness is so small it won't cause any problems (Unlike if you switched from .9s to .13s, where string tension etc. would be a right faff on). Just buy some new strings to replace the D and you'll have 5 spares
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Last edited by roythereaper at Jun 20, 2008,
it dependes on if ur guitar is a hard tail or softail cause if it the latterthen u should immedentally change the strings but if a hardtail i would still get new ones
Quote by sandman-105
it dependes on if ur guitar is a hard tail or softail cause if it the latterthen u should immedentally change the strings but if a hardtail i would still get new ones

What? Nothing bad is going to happen either way.