I think I might be buying a new guitar soon. I need some suggestions for guitars to try.

I want it to:

- have a thin neck + slim body (thinner neck than a gibson SG)
- have humbuckers
- be around 400 british pounds
but i don't play metal so I don't want a guitar that is suited for those sort of styles. Any suggestions?
Last edited by doubtfull at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by doubtfull
I think I might be buying a new guitar soon. I need some suggestions for guitars to try.

I want it to:

- have a thin neck + slim body
- have humbuckers
- be around 400 british pounds
but i don't play metal so I don't want a guitar that is suited for those sort of styles. Any suggestions?

a MIA HSS strat would suite your needs if you dont mind having 2 single coils and 1 humbucker.
edit: there are a lot of RG ibanez guitar that fit your needs too
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2620CBK-Electric-Guitar-517964-i1149789.gc
edit again, my conversions are way off, first the MIM strat, then a $1500 ibanez, wtf.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Last edited by jeffc313 at Jun 20, 2008,
The Epiphone Les Paul Ultra has a slim neck and fairly slim body and is alot lighter than other les's due to it has cavitys carved out of its body.
Quote by jeffc313
a MIM HSS strat would suite your needs if you dont mind having 2 single coils and 1 humbucker.

He could get better since he wants to spend around $800 US. And he wants humbuckers and a slimmer neck, Strats don't seem to be his thing. Maybe an Ibanez?
Ibanez GSA 600, $200, super thin neck, HSS for stuff other than metal, SUPER thin body for wich the s is famous, good tremolo. EXTREMELY good, just like an S, but cheaper.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Ibanez GSA 600, $200, super thin neck, HSS for stuff other than metal, SUPER thin body for wich the s is famous, good tremolo. EXTREMELY good, just like an S, but cheaper.

Okay, he's looking to spend around $800 here, just in case you don't get the conversion.
Damnit, im a friggin idiot. Anyways, any S in that config seems to fit what you just described.
Im justa dumn friggin american, i dont do conversions
Ibanez ftw. Played an absolutely beautiful one in Johnny Roadhouse today. Gorgeous it was.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Damnit, im a friggin idiot. Anyways, any S in that config seems to fit what you just described.
Im justa dumn friggin american, i dont do conversions

Haha, that's okay.

For anyone who doesn't know, you can easily do conversion just by using Google. For example, just type in "400 pounds in dollars" or anything similar and it'll pop right up before the search results.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't really like the look of any guitars youve posted about :/ Thanks anyway. Anymore that you can think of?
Well, what style are you looking for? Single cut? Double cut? Strat? LP? SG? Anything similar to any one of those?
Quote by TheProducer
https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=cs6

EDIT: Ahhh, creepy, your post disappeared as I was replying!

Hahah yeah, sorry about that :P Anyways, I meant that I couldn't find anywhere to buy it from. I searched on google shopping and it didnt find any and on other websites I get guitar stuff from sometimes, but they don't have any carvin guitars ...
Another guitar i like is the fender '72 telecaster thinline, but its £639. Are there any guitars similar to it?
Quote by doubtfull
Hahah yeah, sorry about that :P Anyways, I meant that I couldn't find anywhere to buy it from. I searched on google shopping and it didnt find any and on other websites I get guitar stuff from sometimes, but they don't have any carvin guitars ...
Another guitar i like is the fender '72 telecaster thinline, but its £639. Are there any guitars similar to it?

My dad has an orginal '72 Thinline and it's amazing. I'm not sure if there is anything like it or not....
Quote by TheProducer
My dad has an orginal '72 Thinline and it's amazing. I'm not sure if there is anything like it or not....

I was thinking I could get a second hand one, but there aren't any on ebay or anything. Ahh well, I'll just have to keep an eye out.
Quote by doubtfull
I was thinking I could get a second hand one, but there aren't any on ebay or anything. Ahh well, I'll just have to keep an eye out.

Yeah. The Thinline is pretty strange (in a good way) as far as Teles go. Two humbuckers and a semi-hollow body. I'm picking up new Fat Strat MIM today and I'm already craving a Tele. Damn.