One of the things that really annoys me is when I can get an entire song minus the solo, i know, i know, common problem. Anyways, I am working through the solos at less than full speed but i still like to play through the song. The problem is, in the time where im still working on the solo, i hate just sitting there. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on what to play during the solo just as a sort of fill. Thanks in advance.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Solo yourself over the chords or play the backing chords...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
I had assumed that that was what to do i just wanted to double check to make sure that i wasn't completely off the mark
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
make up your own solo. thats what i do. if you know the key then you can do whatever. sometimes i will try to do a few licks that sound similar to the actual solo. if you arent really good with improvising, still try this because it is a good exercise.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by JWD32792
One of the things that really annoys me is when I can get an entire song minus the solo, i know, i know, common problem. Anyways, I am working through the solos at less than full speed but i still like to play through the song. The problem is, in the time where im still working on the solo, i hate just sitting there. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on what to play during the solo just as a sort of fill. Thanks in advance.

play the rhythm guitar under the solo if there is one, or just play the chords or just improve your own solo.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Play a song with your CD player,get the key and solo through the whole song.That was what I did yesterday,and it helps.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
i dont wnat to hijack this thread, but if you find the key of a song lets say E, how do you work out what scale to use with it? would you find that out from the chords?