I played one @ GC today and really liked it. Is it a quality guitar? It was 220 used, should i bite? Mostly metal and heavy stuff, with some hard rock thrown in is what i play.
Quote by blood8815
Low end BC Rich's suck. More Expensive Ones play like butter.

agreed. or you can do what I did, buy a cheap B.C. and just mod the crap out of it.
um, you're the one who played it... you tell us if it's good
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I liked it, but my knowledge is limited. I was thinkin play it a while and when the money is saved again throw EMG's in it?
Was this the original "Rich Bich" from the '80s? If so, it is worth substantially more than $220.
You played it and liked it, I'd say buy it.
I'd say skip the EMGs, BCR actually puts rockfields in its higher up guitars, and they work great.

Get a GFS solid steel licensed floyd rose(guitarfetish.com)
Rockfield fat ass in bridge, mafia in neck.

160 bucks, plus routing, so for 400 or so you have a top-of the line modded BC rich.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by Iansmitchell
I'd say skip the EMGs, BCR actually puts rockfields in its higher up guitars, and they work great.

Get a GFS solid steel licensed floyd rose(guitarfetish.com)
Rockfield fat ass in bridge, mafia in neck.

160 bucks, plus routing, so for 400 or so you have a top-of the line modded BC rich.

Can't find the trem anywhere. Do you mean 400 total cost or JUST the cost of the mods?
Quote by KOL40
Can't find the trem anywhere. Do you mean 400 total cost or JUST the cost of the mods?

guitarfetish.com
under tremolos

And I meant 160 for upgrades, rockfield pups are 50 bucks a piece.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Theres like 30 there and none say rich bich. Can you link the one i need please? I'm guitar challenged. I would prefer black if possible, but if not chrome works.
Quote by KOL40
Theres like 30 there and none say rich bich. Can you link the one i need please? I'm guitar challenged. I would prefer black if possible, but if not chrome works.

floyd rose.

Quote by cobain_is_king
I mean i know it's FL, but will any FL fit this guitar? I mean that bridge looks nothing like the one on the guitar. So t will have to be carved? Sorry if this question is nubish, but i am serously about to go buy this guitar and i want to know. Could i use this one:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/blflroflotrs.html

And how much would have to pay someone to install this trem and the pups? Cause i can't solder.
Quote by KOL40
I mean i know it's FL, but will any FL fit this guitar? I mean that bridge looks nothing like the one on the guitar. So t will have to be carved? Sorry if this question is nubish, but i am serously about to go buy this guitar and i want to know. Could i use this one:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/blflroflotrs.html

And how much would have to pay someone to install this trem and the pups? Cause i can't solder.

Uhh... were talking about the guitar in the topic.
Find out what model was it. If you really liked it then go for it,its all in about whats best FOR you.
If BDSM are the stock pups, i liked them fine. Then again, i don't know much. Well, i solved the problem by calling GC. They say a FR can't be fitted to this guitar because of the shape of the body. A mod can lock this now.
I know this is an old thread, but, I won a BC Rich Bich 10 (that black onyx one, made in Korea) and it is great. I also own a USA Custom Shop BC Rich Mockingbird, and that guitar is amazing, but the Bich is definitely NOT crap. The Rockfield humbuckers are excellent, the frets are well set-up and it feels and sounds very cool. I have tried the cheaper BC Rich NJ Classic Series and the frets sucked and the BDSM pickups were lifeless IMO, but the Biches with the Rockfield mafia pickups are a good value.